Is a shuffle tech worth it for my game. (4 Viewers)

Should I get a shuffle tech ?

• Total voters
I like mine. We get probably 30% more hands per hour. Alot of bitching about the noise, but honestly, I don't even hear it now.

I like mine. We get probably 30% more hands per hour. Alot of bitching about the noise, but honestly, I don't even hear it now.
One thing that kind of shocked me - the very first time we put the shuffler into play, several people said, "Wow...it's so quiet!".
Bunch of old guys who are losing their hearing. :LOL: :laugh:

One thing that kind of shocked me - the very first time we put the shuffler into play, several people said, "Wow...it's so quiet!".
Bunch of old guys who are losing their hearing. :LOL: :laugh:
So, it's like half and half. All the music, bar, and lawn care people don't hear a thing. All the bankers and phone based workers think it's loud. And a few don't care.

Yeah, the lady stopped answering my messages and then deleted the listing. I’m buying directly from Shuffletech this week!

Last edited:
So, it's like half and half. All the music, bar, and lawn care people don't hear a thing. All the bankers and phone based workers think it's loud. And a few don't care.
Actually, a group of aging bankers, lawyers, and finance guys plus one retired general contractor who thinks it's quiet.
Go figure. :sneaky:

Yeah, the lady stopped answering my messages and the deleted the listing. I’m buying directly from Shuffletech this week!
If you value the extra hands you will get to play vs futz around, you won't regret it.

Here's a question.

Has anyone ever mounted this in a drink cart (not using it to also hold drinks)?

So after going through all the posts on this, and the different DIY cabinets and prices, I did some shopping around and...

Just bought the shuffletech and shuffle tech cabinet.

I initially was going to buy both from Shuffletech direct. Hell No!!!! Over $90 for shipping plus tax.

Found the cart at American Gaming Supply with free shipping, so was going to buy the shuffler from Amazon and cart from AGS. After seeing the tax from Amazon, and discovering no tax from AGS, I bought both items from AGS. Slower shipping compared to Amazon Prime, but saved a ton on free shipping and no tax.

The extra $150 for the cart in the grand scheme of things is worth my time involved in cutting a hole in a cabinet and getting it built.

So after going through all the posts on this, and the different DIY cabinets and prices, I did some shopping around and...

Just bought the shuffletech and shuffle tech cabinet.

I initially was going to buy both from Shuffletech direct. Hell No!!!! Over $90 for shipping plus tax.

Found the cart at American Gaming Supply with free shipping, so was going to buy the shuffler from Amazon and cart from AGS. After seeing the tax from Amazon, and discovering no tax from AGS, I bought both items from AGS. Slower shipping compared to Amazon Prime, but saved a ton on free shipping and no tax.

The extra $150 for the cart in the grand scheme of things is worth my time involved in cutting a hole in a cabinet and getting it built.
So did you end buying everything through AGS, shuffler and all ?

So did you end buying everything through AGS, shuffler and all ?
Yes.

I received an email today from them stating that the cart is on back order because shuffle tech is redesigning it and it won’t be available for 3-4 months, so I cancelled the cart and added just a flush mount.

So an IKEA DIY will do.

i stoped reading at........" I host a monthly single table Cash game 25¢/50¢."
you don't need shuffle tech
Gotta agree with this.

If I played strictly Hold’em or Omaha, I definitely wouldn’t need this.

My group plays a lot of circus games, which guts (3 card poker, showdown, whatever specific variation) can get very heavy with the shuffles if the game continues past a couple hands.

I think my regulars will be very excited about this.

The question is can you justify buing good shuffle machine (about 1k USD). In may opinion you can not. My advice is to introduce second deck of cards to the table.

Having said that you can do whatever you please with your own money.

Good luck

Gotta agree with this.

If I played strictly Hold’em or Omaha, I definitely wouldn’t need this.

My group plays a lot of circus games, which guts (3 card poker, showdown, whatever specific variation) can get very heavy with the shuffles if the game continues past a couple hands.

I think my regulars will be very excited about this.

I can relate.

Our group also plays a wide assortment of games which include Hold'em/Mixed Games/Circus Games/Dealer's Choice, etc.
More than a few of the games require a frequent re-shuffle and or re-deal. The Shuffletech totally helps keep the games moving.

A game that starts with .25/.50 blinds/antes will often grow as you play more and may morph into a weekly game over time.
I agree that a 2nd deck is a no brainer and adding the shuffletech is obviously up to you if you like nice toys and your group will appreciate it.

The question is can you justify buing good shuffle machine (about 1k USD). In may opinion you can not. My advice is to introduce second deck of cards to the table.

Having said that you can do whatever you please with your own money.

Good luck
In that case, might as well use dice chips and paper cards too, right???? :cautious:

I have a shuffletech st1000 mounted in the shuffletech cabinet. Bought couple years ago. Haven’t used it yet since I don’t even host but I’m taking it to a friends house and will try it in our rotation

i stoped reading at........" I host a monthly single table Cash game 25¢/50¢."
you don't need shuffle tech

I host a .25/.5 game and I have build a custom table with a custom felt and put a shuffler in it.

I'm interested in your thoughts on ...

1) These chips, I think the cost of chips, shipping (express) and having relabeled, I think I'm into this rack like 1500 USD, I don't have plans of using them, but I wanted to have them on hand, just in case.

1698961120366.png

2) I have design fees in excess of 500 USD on projects I've not executed on yet.

3) I have about 150 - 180 dealer buttons that I don't display or even get to use @ say 8 USD each.

;) @surfik - Thank you for being a voice of reason in a community that desperately needs its, but doesn't want it!!! lol :love::love::love:

My $.02:

Shuffletech is most useful in tournaments when it gets shorthanded. Players are focusing more on their hands, and hands take less time. At 6+ players, 2 decks will be just as fast as any auto shuffler, and the dealer won't be distracted from their own play by messing with the shuffler. For the game you described, you don't need it.

But none of us are on this board because we "need" any of these things, so enjoy it!

For anyone who built a DIY cart, what is the measurements for the top rectangle to cut for the flush mount?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom