Largest Main Event ever (1 Viewer)

nitzilla

Full House
Reaction score
Pretty amazing. Surprised no one is talking about it here
I played last year thinking it might beat 2006, but it came in 2nd (now 3rd)……
I guess poker isn’t dead ;)

IMG_5595.jpeg

That is quite the pay jump between 2nd and 1st!

I’ve been watching Dnegs and Lexy Gavin’s vlogs, and they’ve both been getting beat up. I’m glad to see Pokerface Ash doing so well, though. Playing in the main event is on my bucket list, but with that many people, it’s akin to buying a $10,000 lotto ticket.

That is quite the pay jump between 2nd and 1st!

I’ve been watching Dnegs and Lexy Gavin’s vlogs, and they’ve both been getting beat up. I’m glad to see Pokerface Ash doing so well, though. Playing in the main event is on my bucket list, but with that many people, it’s akin to buying a $10,000 lotto ticket.
I always recommend people who haven't been before to try the Monster Stack, it gives the best overall WSOP experience in my opinion...
$1500 buy-in is in that sweet spot, not too small, but not too big, and it used to be a freeze out, now you can only re-enter Day 1B if you bust 1A, as I did this year....so it's not a multiple re-entry 'fiasco'.....like Colossus or whatever....
1 Hour levels make it a much better structure overall
50,000 starting stack with the blinds similar to the ME makes it very good (ME gets 60,000 starting and 2 hr levels, but structure is almost identical....)
And finally they usually hit around $1 million for 1st, so still a very decent payout, obviously not $12 million, but I would take it.... ;)

Anyway, I've been playing in the WSOP since 2006, so I've seen quite a bit.... :sneaky:

Last edited:
I knew they wanted to 'beat' the $12.0 million from 2006 hence the extra $100k, but yeah the ~$6 million jump is pretty intense!

Should be none......... The ME is a freeze out, 1 and done..... Unless you're thinking people sneak in somehow....??
Oh I didn’t know that. I just assumed someone could do multiple day 1s to try to hit day 2.

I always recommend people who haven't been before to try the Monster Stack, it gives the best overall WSOP experience in my opinion...
$1500 buy-in is in that sweet spot, not too small, but not too big, and it used to be a freeze out, now you can only re-enter Day 1B if you bust 1A, as I did this year....so it's not a multiple re-entry 'fiasco'.....like Colossus or whatever....
1 Hour levels make it a much better structure overall
50,000 starting stack with the blinds similar to the ME makes it very good (ME gets 60,000 starting and 2 hr levels, but structure is almost identical....)
And finally they usually hit around $1 million for 1st, so still a very decent payout, obviously not $12 million, but I would take it.... ;)

Anyway, I've been playing in the WSOP since 2006, so I've seen quite a bit.... :sneaky:

I really enjoyed the 2 day structure of the $800 and $500 events this year. 30-40k starting stacks and 30 min levels kept things interesting without wasting an absurd amount of time for nothing or next to nothing.

I knew they wanted to 'beat' the $12.0 million from 2006 hence the extra $100k, but yeah the ~$6 million jump is pretty intense!
I like the pay jump. Really puts some incentive between first and second (unless the players agree to chop the money or something beforehand). Hopefully it discourages random all in play like Luckbox Cada vs Darvin Moon.

I like the pay jump. Really puts some incentive between first and second (unless the players agree to chop the money or something beforehand). Hopefully it discourages random all in play like Luckbox Cada vs Darvin Moon.
Yup, I like the big jump. I'm much more used to tournaments with a big jump from second to first.
And for what it's worth, for the WSOP, regardless of the payouts, the Player of the Year points seem to double from second place to first place. Wins are supposed to be worth a lot.

Adjusting for inflation, that $10k buy-in today is only $6,628 compared to 2006. Not nearly the hit it was.

Amazingly $10k in 1972 is $72,757 today. Those early players paid a fortune to enter.
The fields and players for those early main events is probably similar to super high roller or one drop today.

Just a simple 2 outer for ~ $4 mil in EV. NO big deal...
I've always been dumbfounded by these EV calculations. The numbers always seem too high. How is there a 4 million dollar EV pot when that's 3rd place money with 14 left. I don't get it.

I've always been dumbfounded by these EV calculations. The numbers always seem too high. How is there a 4 million dollar EV pot when that's 3rd place money with 14 left. I don't get it.
It probably came from an ICM calculator I think? Generally that calculator estimates probability of finishing; multiples by payout structure, voila EV. (its probability of 1st times 1st place prize + probability of 2nd times 2nd place prize etc). Most ICM calculators have no adjustments for things like big stack leverage advantage, positional matchups etc but it’s a good starting point. Chip leader stacks are worth more than ICM generally though and middle stacks are worth less.

And yes you’re in a vast majority where your intuition underestimates stack value.

Looks like a great day for the Americans who managed to survive past all six Euros. They’re deep stacked headed into tonight, just over 100bb avg stack. Glad they played an extra 30-40 min yesterday going down to 3 instead of 4 because it could be a long one.

Looks like a great day for the Americans who managed to survive past all six Euros. They’re deep stacked headed into tonight, just over 100bb avg stack. Glad they played an extra 30-40 min yesterday going down to 3 instead of 4 because it could be a long one.
Jachtmann blew up in the last 30 min of that table. All in KJo with like 25bb out of position and runs into AA. Ouch.

Jachtmann blew up in the last 30 min of that table. All in KJo with like 25bb out of position and runs into AA. Ouch.
he was active and he was getting coolered. I didn’t see any errors. The squeeze shove from KQo from BB is fine against active CO open and BU flat just really unlucky that BU was trapping AA. I think that was at least 3rd maybe 4th time BU had flatted pre, it’s a wide range.

It also looks like from body language that the Americans might have made some swaps but didn’t see any suspicious collusion hands. I was looking for it but they played standard.

he was active and he was getting coolered. I didn’t see any errors. The squeeze shove from KQo from BB is fine against active CO open and BU flat just really unlucky that BU was trapping AA. I think that was at least 3rd maybe 4th time BU had flatted pre, it’s a wide range.

It also looks like from body language that the Americans might have made some swaps but didn’t see any suspicious collusion hands. I was looking for it but they played standard.
I didn't pick up on any collusion at all.

He did run poorly in the last 4-5 hands he had. Personally, I'm not jamming KQo at the final table with more than 20bb, but I'm also not a GTO/ICM master so maybe there is a legitimate case to be made for that play.

What are the chances that these guys made a 3-way deal at 7.33 million each?
Almost zero. Not sure what the penalties are for an agreed chop, but without looking it up I assume disqualification from the tournament would be high on the list. Doesn't seem worth it if you already have four million locked up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom