Newbie request - taking off/reapplying CPS stickers (1 Viewer)

Wils

Flush
Reaction score
HI folks.

I'm contemplating a tourney set of the CPS chips but I've heard that the 100 and 500 chips can be too similar under certain lighting. I can't see the confusion myself, BUT the main colour of the 500 is picked up in the edge spots of the 100, and without seeing them mixed up in a pot, or dirty stacks, I can't tell for sure.

So... I'm after advice. If it really is an issue (and I won't know this until I've got them in my greasy mitts), how easy would it be to swap the labels on the lavender 100,000's with the blue 500's at home? Anyone taken the labels off a CPS chip before? Would that f@ck up the label? Would they look okay when "restuck" onto the other chip?

Obviously I know this would depend greatly on how much of a dork I am when i do it, so I want to avoid being a dork. Any tips and tricks you guys have used if you've done something similar in the past, would be greatly appreciated.

PS Funds won't run into custom labels (I'm in the UK, I'm guessing I'd need to ship 'em out to the US again, get them relabelled, then ship them back).

Custom labels can be self applied, so you wouldn't have to chip anything anywhere (well, you'd have to have the labels shipped to you). I custom labeled 2000 CPS chips (4000 labels total, because there are 2 sides). I'm not saying it was a picnic, but with a few regulars sitting around the table chatting it just flew by.

If you go the custom route, you might be able to get blanks still, so you wouldn't have to peel any labels up.

Where do you get the chip stickers? I have some nice blanks that I would like to add my AA logo on for a personal chip. Any information appreciated.

^^^This

He is a vendor here and has done some real nice work for many chippers on here.

Gear Labels

I haven't dealt with Gear myself, but as a site vendor, we would know by now if he did any shoddy work. I got my labels from Palm Imports - also a site vendor, and the man with the blank chips.

As for the black 100 blue 500 dirty stack problem, one of these stacks is dirty:
CPS Dirty Stack.jpg

I haven't had any issues, but I do have a well lit area. I have a light over my table.

As for the black 100 blue 500 dirty stack problem, one of these stacks is dirty:

Right hand side, fifth one down? Ouch.

I have spoken to palm imports, as the some solution is just to get red 5 denom chips (or lavender 100k chips) and extra standard 500 denom labels. Replace the labels with the 500 labels. Job done.

Hi folks,
Thanks for the shout-outs. The CPS labels can be bought directly from Palm, and removing the existing ones is a piece of cake. Carefully get the tip of an X-Acto blade at the edge, and it'll just pop right off. Swapping CPS labels between denominations would not be difficult, other than where to put the ones you're removing before re-applying them.

In terms of labelling CPS chips with non-CPS labels, I can definitely help there :) @A. J. Giametta, send me a PM or an email, and we can get started.

As others have mentioned, I had several complaints about the 100/500 chips being hard to differentiate if you are not under very bright light.

I switched labels with the lavender chips and then ordered some blanks with stock labels from PGI to expand the set. Both solutions were very easy.

Haha thinking about it, even easier option - take a red 5 chip. Hold black felt tip pen in right hand. Write an extra two zeros after the 5.

Job done FTW!

That's just a joke of course, but it would make everything simple....

OR... take a red 500,000 chip, and strikethrough the last three zeros....

Last edited:
Right hand side, fifth one down? Ouch.

I have spoken to palm imports, as the some solution is just to get red 5 denom chips (or lavender 100k chips) and extra standard 500 denom labels. Replace the labels with the 500 labels. Job done.

My set has T5 x 100 and T500 x 100, and if I decide to keep them, I'm swapping the labels. May just do it anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom