Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (39 Viewers)

Time for a new work bourbon bottle…

IMG_0524.jpeg

View attachment 1330513Sweet little care package waiting for me on my front porch when I got home from the Hank Jr concert!!

And if there was any doubt…Bocephus fucking KILLED IT :cool
Saw him in atlanta once…had no idea how amazing a musician he is. Played guitar, piano, harmonica and vocals were outstanding…even played drums for one song! Country boy can survive!

Saw him in atlanta once…had no idea how amazing a musician he is. Played guitar, piano, harmonica and vocals were outstanding…even played drums for one song! Country boy can survive!
I knew how good of a musician he was, but he still exceeded my expectations by a mile! Most old timer tours are just for a paycheck, but this show was incredible. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band opened and they were pretty damn good too. Overall great night!!

Question for my whiskey brethren. I'm heading to a high school football alumni renuinion party tomorrow night (yeah I know, spare me the Al Bundy jokes). Of course I asked if I could bring a bottle or two, and got the green light. My good buddy is a bourbon fan, and I'd say he's a fan, but not quite in the "crazy like most of us" whiskey range of the hobby (blantons, woodford, etc). What to bring? I'm thinking a bottle of Noah's Creek (newer Willett stock) and Willett 4 yr rye....

Question for my whiskey brethren. I'm heading to a high school football alumni renuinion party tomorrow night (yeah I know, spare me the Al Bundy jokes). Of course I asked if I could bring a bottle or two, and got the green light. My good buddy is a bourbon fan, and I'd say he's a fan, but not quite in the "crazy like most of us" whiskey range of the hobby (blantons, woodford, etc). What to bring? I'm thinking a bottle of Noah's Creek (newer Willett stock) and Willett 4 yr rye....
I’ve always found that in these situations, the inevitable mixed drink will be poured with your bottles. So, I’d stay in the $60ish range so it won’t sting as much. Lol

My picks would be Rare Breed, and then something around 100 proof. Maybe Cooper’s Craft. Or a Four Roses Small Batch Select. Something like that. The spice from a Willett might not hit newer bourbon drinkers well.

Sound advice. While I love Willett juice, especially the ryes, I have to agree that their profile might not suit most people’s taste. 4R Small Batch Select is delicious! Rare Breed is a no brainer too.

If I saw someone make anything other than an old fashion or manhattan with Willett rye, I’d lose my shit :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom