Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (59 Viewers)

David-Beckham-Haig-Club.jpg

Has anyone tried this?

I think you wear it as an aftershave, judging by the bottle.

What's more manly than reeking of scotch, like David Beckham?

I saw the adverts on tv and did actually think they were advertising aftershave at first. It will have to taste pretty special for me to buy it after that.

I saw the adverts on tv and did actually think they were advertising aftershave at first. It will have to taste pretty special for me to buy it after that.
From the little I've read it's overpriced and doesn't perform.I lost track of how many times inspiration/inspired was mentioned in the marketing blah.As DB's my role model, I'll have to pick up a few cases as he wears it.

Looking out my window at work today and thinking yep it's definitely whiskey weather. Will let the thread know what I grab at the store tonight.

My three favorite readily available bottles of bourbon are....

Four Roses Small Batch
frsmb.jpg

Elijah Craig 12yr
ec12.jpg

Henry McKenna 10yr BiB
henmck.jpg

All under $30.

My three faves. The bottle on the left is the Single Malt Whisky (Cask #3), on the right is the 100% Rye Whisky (Cask #17), and the centre is their Stalk and Barrel Whisky (blended).

The Single Malt and the Rye are 46%, the Blend is 40%.

Attachments

• Cards 001.jpg
    Cards 001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 276
Wow you all seem to have much fancier ones then I do. The only kind of alcohol I have at my house is whiskey. I've got Crown Royal, Jameson, Canadian Mist, and Jack Daniels Honey. All four are my favorites so I tend not to deviate from them.

Forgot to stop by the big liquor store so had to settle on the small one close to home, and a bottle of Bushmills.

Now I REALLY need to get to Lakewood Ranch for a game, as long as you've got an extra couch for me to sleep it off. ;)

I really like it when our Canadian friends come to visit -- these should get us through the winter:

GreenSpots.jpg

I'm a birdman and don't believe that the more expensive the whiskey is the better it is. Necessarily.
My favorites are Famous Grouse and when I'm on the wilderness or fishing, always Highland Bird. Always.

Is this stuff pretty good? A shop by me just started carrying it.

Yes, it is. The only Irish that compares is Red Breast 15, IMO. It's hard to come by. What's the price in your area? Tnx...

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I'm a birdman and don't believe that the more expensive the whiskey is the better it is. Necessarily.
My favorites are Famous Grouse and when I'm on the wilderness or fishing, always Highland Bird. Always.

Grouse is still the best selling whisky in Scotland, but there are many different expressions from the distillery.

Where is "Highland Bird" produced?

Yes, it is. The only Irish that compares is Red Breast 15, IMO. It's hard to come by. What's the price in your area? Tnx...

That Red Breast is good company so now I'm intrigued. They have it for $55/bottle. It's tempting to go back but I just grabbed two bottles barrel select Four Roses and a bottle of the Parker's Heritage so my whiskey budget is stretched a little thin.

I am definitely a single malt scotch fan. For my brother's birthday (Noelsarchs) we went to Scotland for scotch and golf! Driving on the left side after three distillery tours before lunch was an interesting experience!

Grouse is still the best selling whisky in Scotland, but there are many different expressions from the distillery.

Where is "Highland Bird" produced?

It's Blended Scotch Whisky, produced in Scotland. Cheap and good.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416750651771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416750651771.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 237

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom