PLO and PLO8 Books (1 Viewer)

Highly recommend Jeff Hwang as well. Makes sense to work through them in order, as they increase in complexity.

1714443025860.png

I know it is very old, but the section on O8 from Super Systems 2 was all the foundation I had when I started playing Hi/Lo and was very useful.

Three constants whether you play PLO8 or Limit Hi/Lo that can't steer you wrong:

1. Every flop that contains an Ace, make a note of it mentally as to who is in the hand. As the game continues, and flopped Aces continue to emerge from time to time, you'll be able to zero in on who has poor hand selection given their frequency of being in the action when this event occurs. That in turn allows you to hammer these perceived poor ranges that try to play against you.

2. GOOD high only hands with four cards working together (broadway rundowns, KKQQ, QQJT, etc.) are your bread and butter. These hands aren't meant to go to war preflop, but can happily call a single raise. They need to be included to ensure that your opponents can't just bet you off when a low isn't possible or doesn't come in on the turn or river. If all you're giving action on are boards where a wheel / low are possible, savvy opponents are going to sniff you out.

3. Yes your amazing A432 with a nut suit just rivered four pair while the doorknob licker who plays 7654 rainbow scoops another pot. The urge to pick up their cards and cram them up where the sun don't shine is natural and justified.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom