Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (3 Viewers)

I looking for a German how could tell me something about Air shipping, Zoll and Mehrwertsteuer^^
Is there someone how did Experience ?

I want to send chips back home while on a trip, is handheld vacuum sealer useful for packing?
Example (FoodSaver):
foodsaver.png

Not a tip or trick but super annoyed that USPS delivered an empty package today:

1715039150367.png

Package went from TX two weeks ago to CA last week, then back to TX and back again to CA over the weekend, and delivered today. It's been retaped but was empty!

Not a tip or trick but super annoyed that USPS delivered an empty package today:

View attachment 1324977
Package went from TX two weeks ago to CA last week, then back to TX and back again to CA over the weekend, and delivered today. It's been retaped but was empty!

Hello everyone. I think this is a good example of what I came here to comment today. I searched the thread and there isn't too much discussion about this. ... and there is a lot of discussion about broken shipments and the like.

I'd encourage you to use UPS or FedEx for valuables.

While I understand everyone wants to save a few currency units with shipping, some of these are REALLY valuable and expensive items you are shipping.

I've worked UPS/FedEx for around 20 years now. We constantly have customers complaining about the US Post shipping and packages lost or damaged. Seldom do we ever have issues with UPS or FedEx and when there are issues, insurance will and can cover it - when properly insured. Additionally, there are signature services to add a level of security for UPS and FedEx.

Personally, I don't necessarily think $3-$10 flat-rate shipping is worth it for a $100-15,000 item - I'd rather pony up the $25-$100 for proper shipping and be at ease. I get there are a lot of complaints with these UPS or Fedex prices, but to me, CONUS is reasonable. International is wicked expensive - but I think you all understand, you get what you pay for.

The alternative is a lost unique set.

I somewhat agree with this. I worked at UPS part-time when I was going to school. The first week there a guy said those "Fragile" and "Handle With Care" messages were distracting, and didn't mean anything. I asked why and he said he didn't like being told what to do by a box. :rolleyes: Hopefully the plain black and white labels and the "Please" helps.

My experience with this is that UPS and FedEx will generally handle all packages with care, and they won't kick a box out of spite for those labels. Unless it's terribly packed, we never have issues with fragile items at their destination. Crystal, pictures, unique sensitive tech, etc.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom