Question regarding The Riverboat chips (1 Viewer)

One of my absolute favorite sets, and likely one of the very last to go.

Any information in how long they were in production, did I grab a gem etc?
There was likely a single order of the Riverboats. I know from conversations with the late Michael Patton that the entire cash set was part of one order, and I can only assume the same is true for the tournament set. The tournament sets showed up for sale on HPC sometime in 2010-2011 and were likely produced in that same timeframe. Yes, many of us consider these a gem.

Cherish these chips, they are a very limited run of five or six 500 chip sets on the tournament set and even more exclusive on the cash set.
There are ~2,903 cash set chips that I know of in existence, and in some old emails I exchanged with Michael Patton he never gave any indication that any more existed. Anything beyond that would likely be random singles that would sometimes find their way from BCC to the chip collector market. When the tournament sets first appeared on his website, he listed 10 of the 500 piece sets for sale. Later on he listed two of the 680 piece sets for sale. I don't know if the chips that @Potsie1 acquired in the estate sale were these same two sets or if they are additional sets. There are some additional $25s, $100s, and $5,000s that I've seen sold that aren't part of any of those sets. It seems almost certain that there are over 5,600 of the tournament denominations out there and I wouldn't be surprised if there are 7,000+. At least six of the 500 chip sets are accounted for by posters in this thread along with the owners of every cash chip I'm aware of. There's also at least one other tournament set known to be owned by a PCFer, and I could have sworn that there were others on PCF but I can't recall who.

Later, Michael decided to sell his Cash set, I bought about half of it and @RainmanTrail bought the rest some time later. I still have my set but lost track of who has the rest nowadays.
Michael eventually split the remaining 2,100 chips into three sets after he sold you yours. @RainmanTrail bought a ~700 chip set from Michael, and I bought the other two sets from Michael. I then bought @RainmanTrail's set when he sold, and still own all those chips today.

I love these chips. I have a tourney set still, but I believe I sold my cash to @Matthew627 if I remember correctly. I assume he still has them, though I'm not sure.

Also, there are two different versions of the $5s. One is more of a canary yellow base and the other is more of a butter yellow base.
You sold them to me, and I still have them. There are two colors of the canary yellow five. The canary yellow was known as canary yellow at the time, and the more butter colored canary yellow became known as new canary yellow. As bad as it was that BCC used two different batches of canary yellow on a single order of Riverboat cash chips, there's a user on here who had BCC use both shades of canary yellow on the same chips. Canary yellow for the base and the new canary yellow in the edgespots.

I posted a thread with some pics of the cash set a couple years ago (also on Easter Sunday), which you can find here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-web-mold-riverboat-v2-cash-set.88695/

IWH9hqG.jpg

mAKaPio.jpg

P0sCbNR.jpg

wk9R5Nb.jpg

CAVh7zu.jpg

6bY1Vi7.jpg

ySKB413.jpg

UTsrgCW.jpg

6il1LTa.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5174.JPG
    IMG_5174.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4029.JPG
    IMG_4029.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
There are two colors of the canary yellow five. The canary yellow was known as canary yellow at the time, and the more butter colored canary yellow became known as new canary there's a user on here who had BCC use both shades of canary yellow on the same chips.
When I had my customs made, they switched Canary Yellows in the middleof the run. You can tell that the yellow in the spot doesn’t match the yellow in the body here. It was supposed to be a 3SA16.

IMG_0044.jpeg

I have seen a picture of the riverboats earlier this year and had to work on quaterpie web molds immediatly.
Those bad boys are currently in the making :love:
IMG_20240311_131123.jpg

The print is a little bit dull. But i'm fricking excited and can't wait to hold them in my hands.
All thanks to the Riverboat Chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

There was likely a single order of the Riverboats. I know from conversations with the late Michael Patton that the entire cash set was part of one order, and I can only assume the same is true for the tournament set. The tournament sets showed up for sale on HPC sometime in 2010-2011 and were likely produced in that same timeframe. Yes, many of us consider these a gem.

There are ~2,903 cash set chips that I know of in existence, and in some old emails I exchanged with Michael Patton he never gave any indication that any more existed. Anything beyond that would likely be random singles that would sometimes find their way from BCC to the chip collector market. When the tournament sets first appeared on his website, he listed 10 of the 500 piece sets for sale. Later on he listed two of the 680 piece sets for sale. I don't know if the chips that @Potsie1 acquired in the estate sale were these same two sets or if they are additional sets. There are some additional $25s, $100s, and $5,000s that I've seen sold that aren't part of any of those sets. It seems almost certain that there are over 5,600 of the tournament denominations out there and I wouldn't be surprised if there are 7,000+. At least six of the 500 chip sets are accounted for by posters in this thread along with the owners of every cash chip I'm aware of. There's also at least one other tournament set known to be owned by a PCFer, and I could have sworn that there were others on PCF but I can't recall who.

Michael eventually split the remaining 2,100 chips into three sets after he sold you yours. @RainmanTrail bought a ~700 chip set from Michael, and I bought the other two sets from Michael. I then bought @RainmanTrail's set when he sold, and still own all those chips today.

You sold them to me, and I still have them. There are two colors of the canary yellow five. The canary yellow was known as canary yellow at the time, and the more butter colored canary yellow became known as new canary yellow. As bad as it was that BCC used two different batches of canary yellow on a single order of Riverboat cash chips, there's a user on here who had BCC use both shades of canary yellow on the same chips. Canary yellow for the base and the new canary yellow in the edgespots.

I posted a thread with some pics of the cash set a couple years ago (also on Easter Sunday), which you can find here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-web-mold-riverboat-v2-cash-set.88695/

IWH9hqG.jpg

mAKaPio.jpg

P0sCbNR.jpg

wk9R5Nb.jpg

CAVh7zu.jpg

6bY1Vi7.jpg

ySKB413.jpg

UTsrgCW.jpg

6il1LTa.jpg

Doh! I'm sorry, I think I mixed up your human name with someone else's screen name lol. Love this set! And thanks for all the great pics!!!

Like would be an understatement. Probably would be one of the last sets I let go of even if it's only feasible to use in a T20K freezeout single table format. I'd love to add to it but there were so few sets made that it's a fool's errand.

Thats the breakdown I have. Its a great set.

IWH9hqG.jpg

mAKaPio.jpg

P0sCbNR.jpg

wk9R5Nb.jpg

CAVh7zu.jpg

6bY1Vi7.jpg

ySKB413.jpg

UTsrgCW.jpg

6il1LTa.jpg
Love that set. The colorway is a knockout

IWH9hqG.jpg

mAKaPio.jpg

P0sCbNR.jpg

wk9R5Nb.jpg

CAVh7zu.jpg

6bY1Vi7.jpg

ySKB413.jpg

UTsrgCW.jpg

6il1LTa.jpg

DIBS! oh wait, not a sales thread. DARN!!

Were these made by Michael Patton too? I know they’re from around the same time. And I don’t recall anybody else doing Web Mold?

View attachment 1305524

Yes, they were commissioned by HoldemPokerChips, and in a way, in a very similar way that the Riverboat was.

Originally those Speakeasy Tournament chips were a custom set on the BCC Web Mold, pictured above. Very limited in quantity. Then Michael commissioned another Tournament set, much more available, to retail on his site and on the BCC T-Mold. Those had different colors than the above. They all had gray and a specific accent color per denom. As I said, they were sold by HPC.

Then Michael commissioned a custom Cash set for himself, also on the T-mold. I was able to purchase half of that set from Michael himself (he had sold half to another friend previously) and sometime later, I acquired the other half from a CT member. To me knowledge, other than some sample sets floating around, I own all the Speakeasy custom Cash chips.

I think the original Tourney set on the Web-Mold is in Europe.

1712322077578.jpeg

1712322787974.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom