Show Me Your Homemade Labels! (1 Viewer)

Pokerman5000

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Anyone ever print your own labels at home? If so did they turn out okay? How do they look on your chips?

I've been doing my own labels for my Cattery sets since the PGI 8Vs dropped... and they turn out fairly well.

For the PGI 8Vs, my current tech is OnlineLabels.com's weatherproof vinyl 1.1" label (OL1171). I've been experimenting with various spray laminates for these because I don't have access to a Cricut, and I've gotten the best results with Krylon's Triple Thick glaze. They're clearly not anywhere close to Gear's quality (they're just precut labels printed on a Canon Pixma 3260G or w/e it is, the megatank one), but they work & the laminate ends up at the right thickness to protect the label without creating spinners. This is the best I can do when I don't have a bankroll to spend on Gear.

I create the art in Photoshop and use OnlineLabels' Maestro to generate PDF print sheet files, then print them from Acrobat Pro (because browser PDF readers will fuck up the margins and fuck up alignment to no end and ruin labels that cost $1.75 a sheet).

The downsides of course are that if OnlineLabels doesn't make the label size you need for your chip, you'll need to forget this idea and order your labels from Gear or StickerMule. Also, it's very easy for the spray laminate to look like shit, especially if it's windy or humid when you're spraying, so it's tough to get that exactly right.

Attachments

• IMG_6515.jpg
    IMG_6515.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6519.jpg
    IMG_6519.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6527.jpg
    IMG_6527.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6530.jpg
    IMG_6530.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6541.jpg
    IMG_6541.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 30

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom