Tattoo Ideas (1 Viewer)

For my 40th my wife and I discussed that it's time for my first tattoo. Trying to think of a design that I like, and I'm striking out. Part of me wants it to be something representing my 3 kids. Not looking for anything poker-related, but I'm open to ideas on where to look for inspiration
Do you have any artist friends? My designs have all come from conversations with them. Good childhood friend does lots of sketching, I offered them a $20 and a six pack to just draw as I talked about some symbols I wanted to include and was happy with the results. It's just so personal. I bring that sketch to a tattoo artist and they refine it for the body part/placement.

Definitelt start looking around for styles though; thinking lettering? Realistic? American Traditional? Good starting point for colors and styles.

Spend plenty of time finding an artist. Check portfolios to make sure they are regularly producing work that satisfies you and is of the style you are interested.

I had to spend 3x the money and 2x the time to get a first tattoo "fixed" after I didn't do the above.

Fair advanced warning, they're addictive. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

For my 40th my wife and I discussed that it's time for my first tattoo. Trying to think of a design that I like, and I'm striking out. Part of me wants it to be something representing my 3 kids. Not looking for anything poker-related, but I'm open to ideas on where to look for inspiration
@Josh Kifer

I would say most likely traditional. I do have a few artistic people that I can reach out to. Tried to convince my oldest daughter to design one, but she's afraid of "screwing it up"

Go to WaB III this week

Screenshot_20240421_215948_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I did the same — a design for my kids. Both of my designs are pretty straight forward, but hopefully it can give you some things to think about. We learned my wife was first pregnant on a Hawaii Trip, so I got a manta ray drawn by a respectable artist here in Denver.

My other design is my other daughter’s name in Chinese bc my wife is Chinese and I thought it would be a nice respect to her heritage.

My advice would be the KISS principle in regards to creating design ideas. And my other advice is to find the right artist if it’s a complex design — this consists of calling shops, explaining the design, and requesting recommendations for the right artist in the area. Shop around. Good luck!

I would say most likely traditional. I do have a few artistic people that I can reach out to. Tried to convince my oldest daughter to design one, but she's afraid of "screwing it up"
Let her work with you on concepts and a rough design, but let the artist do the final work. They know best what can and can't be turned into a successful tattoo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom