TEQUILA (1 Viewer)

It's summer in Australia which means Margarita weather!

I try not to make them too too strong so people can sink a few more down.

My go to recipe for Frozen Marg's
In a Blender:

Tequila 45ml (1.5 oz)
Cointreau 10ml (1/3 oz)
Lime 20ml (2/3 oz)
Agave Syrup 10ml (1/3 oz)
Ice 1/2 cup

ADD (if required depending on crowd):
20230123_180034.jpg

Frozen Pineapple cubes 60-70ml (2 oz) - this varies depending what it looks like, and I always blend the pineapple first to a good consistency before throwing in all the other ingredients.

It's summer in Australia which means Margarita weather!

I try not to make them too too strong so people can sink a few more down.

My go to recipe for Frozen Marg's
In a Blender:

Tequila 45ml (1.5 oz)
Cointreau 10ml (1/3 oz)
Lime 20ml (2/3 oz)
Agave Syrup 10ml (1/3 oz)
Ice 1/2 cup

ADD (if required depending on crowd):
View attachment 1241916
Frozen Pineapple cubes 60-70ml (2 oz) - this varies depending what it looks like, and I always blend the pineapple first to a good consistency before throwing in all the other ingredients.
That sounds delicious!

Anyone use NA tequila and have a favorite reposado equivalent for margaritas?

I usually take Espolòn reposado in my margaritas.

I’ve read about
  • Spiritless- Jalisco 55
  • Free Spirits - The Spirit of Tequila
Curious if anyone has any experience or preferences here?

PUEBLO VIEJO
I like the Reposado a little bit more than the Blanco

Both pose good value considering how much we get stitched up here in Australia with liquor prices.

Score 7 and 8
20231218_081314.jpg

I forgot to post a couple bottles I picked up over the weekend. I found a new (to me) liquor store somewhat in the area that has the best selection of nice tequila I have ever seen! I am looking forward to more trips up there. I have had a hard time finding El Tesoro Blanco for awhile now. And the owner recommended the Primo Blanco, which is really great!!!! I highly recommend trying it if you haven't!!!

20240504_224259.jpg

New Challenge unlocked!
:sneaky:

The El Jolgorio is the wild Barril agave.
1000013846.jpg

I forgot to post a couple bottles I picked up over the weekend. I found a new (to me) liquor store somewhat in the area that has the best selection of nice tequila I have ever seen! I am looking forward to more trips up there. I have had a hard time finding El Tesoro Blanco for awhile now. And the owner recommended the Primo Blanco, which is really great!!!! I highly recommend trying it if you haven't!!!
If you like blancos, have you tried Lalo or Volcan De Mi Tierra?

View attachment 1325009
Hope you are sitting down......

Guess how much El Tesoro Blanco is here in Australia?

Yep....you guessed correctly.....$137 AUD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom