Tina Consistency (1 Viewer)

jshul

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey PCF Gang,

I am looking for 1000 piece cash set - and I’m really contemplating the Tina web molds.

However, after some research and some YouTube, I have suspicions that China clays are inconsistent in their sizing and color shades between chips.

Is this true of Tina’s as well?

Please let me know

When in doubt order a sample, or better yet buy a "used" sample. There are many people who ordered samples to test out the web mold but no longer need the sample. I'm sure they'll be happy to sell it to you to try out. After you've made up your mind you can sell it to someone else for an minimal investment.

The only inconsistency you will see with the Tina chips is if you place multiple orders. You MIGHT see some slight color discrepancies from identical chips placed in two different batches. Even then, it’s usually very hard to tell.

The only inconsistency you will see with the Tina chips is if you place multiple orders. You MIGHT see some slight color discrepancies from identical chips placed in two different batches. Even then, it’s usually very hard to tell.
I ordered in two batches about a year apart. My colors were consistent but there was a sleight height disparity between the two batches.

Post in thread 'The Pines Tournament (CM/Tina)'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-pines-tournament-cm-tina.96396/post-2304911

IMG_0045.jpeg

I ordered in two batches about a year apart. My colors were consistent but there was a sleight height disparity between the two batches.

Post in thread 'The Pines Tournament (CM/Tina)'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-pines-tournament-cm-tina.96396/post-2304911

View attachment 1306738
Tina switched blank suppliers? Shocking!
@jshul on the one hand your question is kind of misguided because China clays and Chinese import cheapo ceramics are completely different products. But on the other hand it’s a fair question - when you pay bottom dollar for a cheap product out of China, you can’t expect consistency or quality control.
I’m guessing that as far as the Tina ceramics go, as long as you order everything you need all at once, you shouldn’t find any inconsistencies within your order. I would not say the same thing about China clays - those reports of inconsistencies have been coming out for years and are a known issue with the product.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom