Cash Game $1/$1 NLHE Cash Game, $200 Buy In (1 Viewer)

PXL_20240426_230650100.jpg

Bored yet? Fold fold fold fold fold fold…..

Just waiting for a chance for a flip or a cooler. Keep folding your chance will come.

I played for 4.5 hours last night. At no point was I ever bored. I did enjoy how fast the hands played. If I folded a few hands in a row, I didn't have to wait an hour. Some of the circus games take forever to play out.

I had a bunch of history with all but two of the 7 players. I was put in a position early on to play aggressively with one of the players that I had only played once with pre covid. I fired a turn and river bluff at him. He tanked for a few minutes before folding top pair/weak kicker.

I had exactly 4 pocket pairs all night long. All four were pocket threes. Two of them flopped sets, one of the sets turned into a small boat. A pretty good, and an aggressive player tried a $100 bluff on the river. I called him pretty quickly. His story didn't make a lot of sense.

I was in for $200. At one point my stack was a little over $450. I ended up cashing out at $365. I think I only limped preflop once. If I was first in, I was raising $4/$5 bucks.

The conversation was awesome. A lot of strategy chat, fun banter, and good laughs.

Paulo knew I wasn't drinking. He sent me a pour home with me, "Ardnamurchan AD". I plan on partaking in that later today.

Most pots that I won, were with two shitty pair. I was first in, Raised it to $5 with suited 3/5. Flopped bottom two. Bet every street and got a fold on the river when the flush hit. He said that he folded a turned set.

Thanks for following along.

B

I am playing in my first NLHE only cash game in a few years. We will be 7 to 8 handed. I will only be playing for four or five hours. I will be taking three buy ins with me.

I know most of the players in attendance. Most are pretty damn good, better than me (that isn't too difficult).

Any tips, suggestions, ect....I am used to playing high variance games. I am concerned that I will have a hard time separating my circus strategy to a NLHE strategy.

Thanks in advance.

B

If I am entering a new game with unknowns, I would keep in mind some basic guidelines… which might apply to an old game you haven’t played in a while even if the villains are longtime friends. For example:

1) Playing fewer hands than the field, but watching every hand closely to see how people are playing (bet sizes, ranges, other habits).

2) Trying not to play many if any hands out of position, at least until you get comfortable, except ultrapremiums.

3) If you want to play a hand, no limping. Raise to try to buy the button and get heads-up.

[ERP — just saw the game already happened]

I am playing in my first NLHE only cash game in a few years. We will be 7 to 8 handed. I will only be playing for four or five hours. I will be taking three buy ins with me.

I know most of the players in attendance. Most are pretty damn good, better than me (that isn't too difficult).

Any tips, suggestions, ect....I am used to playing high variance games. I am concerned that I will have a hard time separating my circus strategy to a NLHE strategy.

Thanks in advance.

B
Pick one aspect of your game that you want to work on during that session. Being present and having a goal makes improvement seem more tangible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom