Announcers (1 Viewer)

lancero

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
Like any sport a great announcer can make or break the show. IMO AJ Benza, Nick Schulman and Gabe Kaplan(retired) from High Stakes are hands down the gold standard. Their best quality is knowing exactly when to shut up and let the drama build. Also the mini comments are spot on and filled with insight. Instead of just yelling a bunch of dramatized adjectives, they speak into the players minds.

Also believe that High Stakes has the best editing/production. The games are genuinely fun and it doesn’t seem over produced.

Personally can’t stand HCL.

Last edited:
Like any sport a great announcer can make or break the show. IMO AJ Benza, Nico Schulman and Gabe Kaplan(retired) from High Stakes are hands down the gold standard. Their best quality is knowing exactly when to shut up and let the drama build. Also the mini comments are spot on and filled with insight. Instead of just yelling a bunch of dramatized adjectives, they speak into the players minds.

Also believe that High Stakes has the best editing/production. The games are genuinely fun and it doesn’t seem over produced.

Personally can’t stand HCL.
I liked watching Keeting and Garrett….pretty much stopped watching when they left.

Yes, AJ and Nick are the best. I loved Gabe, but his time had passed.
I always think that Nick Schulman is one of the coolest people in poker. But it was interesting to watch him playing next to Helmuth last week - he started by humoring Phil, then messing with him, then eventually he got genuinely tilted - not the result I was expecting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom