Dunes Clay Poker Chip Pre-Sale (3 Viewers)

I would say if you're trying to just get a bunch of chips for multiple purposes (i.e., tourneys, cash games, real cash value tourneys, etc.) and you're only ever going to have one table going for whatever format, I'd go something like:

100 (.25)
200 (1)
300 (5)
120 (25)
120 (100)
60 (500)
80 (1000)
20 (5000)
Hotness. The chip hoarder in me is turned on by the prospect of having 2.5 times more chips than I'll ever need of Dunes :)

Thanks @jbutler

Absolutely Love that this is going to be available and am also intrigued about the changes.

Time to add on and get some new modified denominations :)

Jeff

Not having seen the original CC Dunes I was wondering the following:

Thickness - I have Majestics (which I love) but they are a tad thinner than I would prefer - any idea how the new Dunes compare?

Bevel - any detail here? None, some, chip to compare to?

Cross hatch - any texture details?

Highly interested!

I would say if you're trying to just get a bunch of chips for multiple purposes (i.e., tourneys, cash games, real cash value tourneys, etc.) and you're only ever going to have one table going for whatever format, I'd go something like:

100 (.25)
200 (1)
300 (5)
120 (25)
120 (100)
60 (500)
80 (1000)
20 (5000)

Is there a way to possibly lower this style to an 800 chip count and get by without making a sacrifice in chip availability if I were to ever run a small tournament with a group of 6 or so? I really like this count and may follow it, curiosity has me asking.

GOing to be purchasing 500-1k, just waiting for mock ups of changes and side by side pics of the line up to figure out my breakdown. Thanks Josh!!

Is there a way to possibly lower this style to an 800 chip count and get by without making a sacrifice in chip availability if I were to ever run a small tournament with a group of 6 or so? I really like this count and may follow it, curiosity has me asking.

My numbers above presumed a starting stack of 12/12/5/6/1. If you dropped it to 8/8/4/7/1 you could go with 80/80/40/80/20 25 through 5k but that would only get you down to 900. Beyond that you'll be making significant sacrifices to the cash set portion, which I previously assumed to be needed for only very low stakes cash games (given the tourneys were $20 buy in).

If you want to improve my breakdown above I'd keep it at 1000 chips, drop the tourney numbers down as described, and add a rack of $5s. Trying to have a multipurpose cash/tournament set of 800 chips total is too restrictive imo. 1000 is barely doable.

you can easily run a 30-player tournament with less than 800 chips.

combo set is tough to do under 1k..... 400 tourney + 600 cash is bare minimum, i would think.

I thought he meant to get a cash set into the 800-chip total as well. Maybe not though.

Yeah I was wanting to get both cash and tournament set. I was curious if I were go with 800 chips if it would be feasible but doesn't seem like it which is fine. I'm up in the air if I should get just a tournament set, cash set or both as I want to get me a set of the Bud Jones replica hybrids as well.

Is there a way to possibly lower this style to an 800 chip count and get by without making a sacrifice in chip availability if I were to ever run a small tournament with a group of 6 or so?

If you do a 6-max table, it's definitely possible. You'd have around 240-260 in tourney chips and the rest cash (this assumes no mixed barrels; if you take it up to 280 then you also have enough for a 7-person tournament). Or, if you wanted even numbers, just break it up into 500 cash and 300 tourney.

For a 6-max cash table, though, you don't even need 500 chips...you could pretty easily make it work with 460 chips - start with 60 fracs, and then divide up the remaining 400 between 1's and 5's depending on what stakes you think your group will play the most.

The $25 and $500 changes are outstanding! I am not a fan of the changes to the $100 and $25,000. Is the $1000 going Majestic base yellow, or full Majestic colors?

I'd like to buy some of these as long as they
I think changing the $100 will work well with progression. If enough people want to keep it the same I will not change it.

I like changing the 100. I think it would look silly to keep the $100 as it is in the old pics, but to change all the other chips around it.

My $0.02

I like changing the 100. I think it would look silly to keep the $100 as it is in the old pics, but to change all the other chips around it.

You realize he's changing the other denoms to make them look closer to the real deal, right? The 100s as is are about as close as you can get.

Ya, I guess I'd keep the 100s like the originals too then. But can they at least change that horrible baby pink into something closer to the salmon color on the real ones? That'd be a big win in my book.

Reactions: ovo
@Apache, this seems like a fun set to redo. Thanks for offering it. Have you ever looked into having them try to remake a Mapes set? That could be a pretty huge seller if it turns out even halfway decent.

If you do a 6-max table, it's definitely possible. You'd have around 240-260 in tourney chips and the rest cash (this assumes no mixed barrels; if you take it up to 280 then you also have enough for a 7-person tournament). Or, if you wanted even numbers, just break it up into 500 cash and 300 tourney.

For a 6-max cash table, though, you don't even need 500 chips...you could pretty easily make it work with 460 chips - start with 60 fracs, and then divide up the remaining 400 between 1's and 5's depending on what stakes you think your group will play the most.

Two good reasons that you should scrape up the extra $60 and go with 1,000 chips. Good games tend to grow, and you cannot rely on the consistency of dye lots in China clays.

You will have a more versatile chip set.

Just purchased 975 chips!

Thank you @Apache!

Slap.gif

Buy 1000!

The shipping calculator indicates that USPS Priority Mail International shipping is being used, but the prices vary based on the number of chips. For example, 600 chips has a higher shipping cost than 500 chips, even though I would expect both to ship in an MFRB. Did USPS stop offering flat rate shipping?

I can't set the cart up to figure out how many chips can fit into a flat rate box. Sounds like it would be easy to do but it is not.
If any of the international customers would like to use a medium flat rate box send me a direct email apachepokerchips@gmail.com
I will send you a paypal invoice. I can fit about 900 chips in a MFR box.

I can fit about 900 chips in a MFR box.

Keep in mind the 20 pound weight limit for international flat rate shipping. Not sure how much these weigh but estimating 10g/chip (excluding any packing materials) you're cutting it close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom