Game of Gold ep1 (3 Viewers)

I loved the first ep of the show, it's a great mixture of poker + reality element.

Also, I hate the Team with Aria guy and Maria in it. Not the most comfortable team for England esp with the 4th member being the weird jungleman.

No wonder England is constantly asking for drinks in their team meeting room.

I loved the first ep of the show, it's a great mixture of poker + reality element.

Also, I hate the Team with Aria guy and Maria in it. Not the most comfortable team for England esp with the 4th member being the weird jungleman.

No wonder England is constantly asking for drinks in their team meeting room.
Lol, Jungle is an oddball for sure but England seemed the odd one out in the room, maybe in the whole competition. Those wine requests were too much, I'm sure it was edited from hours of footage to look more ridiculous though.

Thought it was a great poker concept with behind the scenes team and player commentary. But can we talk about how god awful the chips are? Hideous.
Bad chips and weird denominations. Somebody commented on the awkwardness of having a 50k chip value. I noticed one of the blind levels was 10k/30k as well. Strange.

Bad chips and weird denominations. Somebody commented on the awkwardness of having a 50k chip value. I noticed one of the blind levels was 10k/30k as well. Strange.
It’s probably a decision made to make it look high pressure/stakes. I’m surprised that’s what they went with considering the audience.

The host is the worst part of this show. No personality. Even Jungle Man has more personality and he’s a robot.
Ali Nejad who is half of the hilarious WSOP night shift along side Nick Schulman.

I think they must have told him to be super serious to play up the drama because he's usually a cornball and pretty funny.

edit, a few highlights:

I had Jason Koon' team as favorites .

He is playing amazing the last 5 years , and played well in ep.4 .

Variance cooked them.

Loving this so far, super fresh type of content that poker has been needing. How much unedited late night high stakes can we watch? I think the format is really good, clearly some atypical stuff with the structure but we viewers got great content out of it. Even just the note Koon had at the end, basically us getting 4 hours of just listening to poker pros chatting without their phones lol. Variance got Team Clubs badly but that's gonna happen with that structure and probably in the whole show. There isn't time for the number games needed to avoid it. Dnegs is having a bad year as a whole.

I like the idea that people were invested in the hands and shared their thoughts/reaction (without needing commentators). You definitely get different reactions from people.

Fun fact: this show was recommended to me by poker vlogger Jaman Burton while I was playing 5/10 at Bellagio. It cost me $900 for the privilege and I’m giving it away freely here on PCF. You’re welcome.
Yooo thats great! He seems like a good guy, fun in person?

Fun fact: this show was recommended to me by poker vlogger Jaman Burton while I was playing 5/10 at Bellagio. It cost me $900 for the privilege and I’m giving it away freely here on PCF. You’re welcome.
I really want to like his vlog but the overproduction is just too much. I understand he does it to set himself apart but the animation, skits, etc.

Episode 5 this morning…Round 2 is getting spicy!!! I do like me some conflict and the format is a recipe for conflict.

The chips are rather disappointing though.

Just started this series like 15 minutes ago, I'll read all these posts once I finish. I'm very curious about how this show goes.

I just finished the last episode. It’s awesome!

FYI: Dat Poker Podcast is doing Episode recaps. It’s pretty awesome cause Daniel gives input and they have so far had one other person from the show on the pod.

Just binged all available episodes. Pleasantly surprised how good it was; I got sucked in almost immediately! The most compelling part is definitely the live commentary from the teammates, especially since we get the perspectives from both the winning and losing sides hand-to-hand.

loving the show! Dat poker podcast is a big plus! With someone from the episode the day it airs.

Wonder if they coins are going to convert to any advantage in the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom