Goosefraba's Dice chip madness (1 Viewer)

Goosefraba

High Hand
Reaction score
Been roaming around the forum for a few weeks now and have realized how unconventional the game I host is among the PCF crowd.

Not sure how it started or where it came from but I’ve always played a tournament style game with a half rack of dice chips. (that’s 50 chips for those getting used to the nomenclature around here :sneaky:). Growing up playing with family the buy-in was typically $20 so that has carried over into my home game along with the 50 chips.

The only reason the majority of the crowd I host plays is because I built the Table we play on. We don’t gather every week but I’d say we play roughly every other month. Most of us having busy schedules and young families so a $20 tournament with rebuys is a good time to hangout and let off some steam.

The majority of the crowd is was fairly new to the game so the buy-in and chip structure worked well in simple terms. We usually start of with 1/2 chip blinds and increase throughout the night doubling as we go.

We typically play about 8 handed with rebuys so around mid game there can be roughly 600 dice chips on the table. (I can picture some of you cringing by now or moving on to another thread.) :wtf:

I introduced Custom Player Bounty Chips and it added a whole new level of bragging rights and fun to the game. We do the regular buy-in with an extra $5 bounty buy-in and the player who collected the most chips at the end of the night, whether they lasted to the end or not wins the bounty pot.

Recently, after listening to the Top Pair podcast I’ve purchased some Desijn cards and some Faded Spade 3.0 4 pip cards (to help with seeing the best hand with). I picked up a few mini games and adjusted our blind schedule a bit. As well as added bonus chips for on time / early arrival, exact change and an extra chip bonus for my host / all night dealer duties.

We did the “Nit” mini game but I used these 3D printed ghosts I found on Etsy as Nit buttons. Everyone except the player who lost enjoyed it . I also introduced an Armageddon Pineapple Bomb Pot with BB antes which everyone seemed to enjoy because the chip stacks shifted significantly after. We threw in the “Bob-bomb” figure that I discovered in the The official bomb pot thread.

Anyways, thanks for sticking around if you made it this far. This forum has given me thoughts on custom player chips, dealer buttons, acrylic bounty buttons and progressive bounty’s. I don’t see us converting to a cash game or chip denoms anytime soon but it’s the customization that brought me here.

Cheers! My fellow PCFers!

Last edited:
Everybody had dice chips at some point. There must be a dice chip landfill out there somewhere because billions have been sold and they keep making them. Congrats on pushing to improve your games.

Everybody had dice chips at some point. There must be a dice chip landfill out there somewhere because billions have been sold and they keep making them. Congrats on pushing to improve your games.
The only decent use I've found for them is for the rare occasions I bring out my roulette wheel, where an absurd amount of easily distinguishable, colour-coded chips is nice.

The ones I got just for roulette were absolutely smothered in factory dust though. Not nice :vomit:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom