How I Torched My Bankroll (1 Viewer)

Highli99

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, @krafticus had a great idea for a thread where we can tell everyone what creative or unlucky ways we torched our bankroll. Let's see those big losses here! Total amount doesn't matter, but large losses given the stakes is what matters. Think - 1,000 BB+ pots

Whether you lost it through bad luck, bad play, or some combination. Doesn't matter. The bankroll is torched and must be rebuilt.

I'll start this off with a doosey at .25/.50 stakes

IMG_5573.png

As you can see, I decided it was a good idea to blast off with a blocker to the nuts. You might think, “not a bad move”, and theoretically, you'd be right. But theories are not made for players like Pete. Pete likes to realize equity. And Pete isn't folding top pair here. I know this. So this bet is a suicidal move. A self-immolation of my chip stack.

As it turned out, Pete had a hand even the nittiest nit might find a call with.

IMG_5574.png

Here is another one from this week

As with many disasters, this one started with a straddle. When villan potted and I was last to act, I couldn't help myself even holding mediocre cards.

IMG_5576.png

I flopped pretty well and decided to lead with a check hoping to check raise.

IMG_5577.png

Sadly, it checked around. But thing got better on the turn! Turning the boat and having a player lead pot into me. I decided to call in order to pull in flush draws and weaker 8s

IMG_5580.png

The river is not my favorite. I kinda wanted any card except an ace, but I like that the flush completed. I decided pot river hoping to get a crying call from a flush or an 8. But then, I get reported. Uuuuuggggh.

IMG_5578.png

Villian is the type that can show up with worse boat here, but I call pretty confident in losing. But it turns out worse than I hoped.

IMG_5579.png

Let's see some beats!

Let's see some beats!

Don’t know if this qualifies (“only” 120 BB burned, and hardly my whole roll), but it’s disgusting enough…

2/5 game. I’m down a bit from my initial buyin, have about $600 in the BB.

Villain straddles $10. Math whiz kid double straddles to $20. One caller, folds around to me.

I make it $80 with :qd::qh:.

Villain (who can’t stand to lose any pot and thinks he can outplay anyone) covers me, and shoves.

I think a while, am pretty sure I’m ahead, and call with my remaining ~$520.

Board:
:kh::5d::7d::ks::5c:

Villain turns over :5s::3h:

I look at him silently like WTF.

He says, “I thought you were just attacking the straddles and would fold!”

Don’t know if this qualifies (“only” 120 BB burned, and hardly my whole roll), but it’s disgusting enough…

Villain straddles $10. Math whiz kid double straddles to $20. One caller, folds around to me.

Villain (who can’t stand to lose any pot and thinks he can outplay anyone) covers me, and shoves.

Board:

That's rough

Board:

I have a sick beat as well from last week. My first ever session in 10/25 PLO 5k max. I've run up a 3k stack to around 5k ish or so. Gambly whale max rebuys for the 4th time on my direct right.

I pick up :as::js::ah::jh: in the HJ. Straddle is on to $50. Whale (LJ) opens to $150 and I 3! to $420. BU, SB and BB come along before LJ 4! to $2100. Obviously I rip it.

Folds to LJ who sheepishly calls and says he's "ready to gamble." We run it twice.

He flips over :jc::jd::9d::8c:.

First runout is :9h::9s::7s: and spades brick.

Second runout is:8s::7d::8h::kx::6x:.

Then he left the hand after because he had a "baccarat appointment."

I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. Never shot take PLO. Ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom