Metallic Gold revival? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Albarran

Two Pair
Reaction score
Is there any way to restore the 'glitter' from metallic golds? I suppose not but who knows...

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_110154.jpg
    IMG_20231223_110154.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 149
It might not. This is due to a surface chemical reaction, which is essentially irreversible. The question is, how deep did the reaction go?

You could try some magic eraser, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Other polishing agents might work, but also might be too rough on the chips surface.

Best of luck however you try.

It might not. This is due to a surface chemical reaction, which is essentially irreversible. The question is, how deep did the reaction go?

You could try some magic eraser, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Other polishing agents might work, but also might be too rough on the chips surface.

Best of luck however you try.
I just bought them, I haven't tried anything.

This is due to a surface chemical reaction, which is essentially irreversible.
Agreed. This reminds me there was a thread on here recently about removing 'oxidation' from other chips. Wondering if maybe the same methods could reverse the darkening of the metallic gold surfaces/edges.

Agreed. This reminds me there was a thread on here recently about removing 'oxidation' from other chips. Wondering if maybe the same methods could reverse the darkening of the metallic gold surfaces/edges.
Well I might be willing to try anything, I bought like 80-something chips, so I could waste one or two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom