Mucked in a limped pot (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If all the table limp but for one player, that player can get his cards back fro double the price of the blind.

Does anyone have such rules? Or others? My game is a friendly home game fyo.

If the player decided that his hand wasn't good enough for 1bb, why should he change his mind and suddenly pay 2bb to see a flop...

Reactions: JWC
Because it's a friendly game and the gamblers like to get their hand back to have the pleasure to be in a family pot. It's not mandatory. But I'm a winner for example I like to take those cards back.
If the player decided that his hand wasn't good enough for 1bb, why should he change his mind and suddenly pay 2bb to see a flop...

Dead hand yes.
We make an exeption if the dealer accidently mucks the neighbor‘s hand.
We had this 2 or 3 times.
The player can ask someone who‘s not in the hand to search for his hand in the muck.
It‘s a friendly game.

I should have add it's accepted to do that if and only if the hand is clearly visible next to the dealer. If the hand has been mucked and somehow added to the bottom of the deck it's dead.

I think its fine as a home game exception if you like it. I don't think folder can game it, and its probably -EV anyway, not many folds will play well multiway OOP.

Exactly. Spirit of a friendly home game where people know and play with each other for 20 years. The EV is clearly negative but the joy is clearly positiv! And what a good laugh when the guy who paid double the entry fees wins a huge pot.

I could see doing it, but we don't.
A fold is a fold for us.

At the same time when somebody folds when't it's checked around to them we let them know they can check. Two dudes in our group do it all.the.time. :rolleyes:

A fold is a fold for us.

At the same time when somebody folds when't it's checked around to them we let them know they can check. Two dudes in our group do it all.the.time. :rolleyes:
Not sure I understand

Does he need to start using a card capper?
I need a new capper...
IMG_5198.jpeg

A fold is a fold for us.

Option folding got bad enough in one of my games recently that I had to make an announcement that checking is indeed free.

Baby steps.

That is a nice idea. I am going to start implementing this for my friendly games.

Right now, sometimes we let them take it back for nothing. Depends on the circumstance.

If all the table limp but for one player, that player can get his cards back fro double the price of the blind.
What if everybody at the table calls a raise except one player, can he then get his folded cards back for double the raise amount?

The entire concept sounds anti-poker to me. A folded hand in the muck is dead, period. Making exceptions is just a recipe for disaster.

What if everybody at the table calls a raise except one player, can he then get his folded cards back for double the raise amount?

The entire concept sounds anti-poker to me. A folded hand in the muck is dead, period. Making exceptions is just a recipe for disaster.

Same rule. You can get your card back but you pay doule the raise. I didn't mention that rule as it has basically never happend. One rare occasion where a big winner is in the mood, but otherwise it doesn't happenend.

As I stated earlier, I only do it if and only if we are that same group of child hood friends that have been playing together for 20 years. The exact same people. It's like an unwritten rules that between us we do it, but as soon as there s another people we just don't.

With those six players we also have a 72 rules in omaha we all agreed on. If you win the pot with the same 4 cards on the river, you get half of everyone's stack. Happened once in our life time.

Just to put context. We play a hand of Omaha very very rarely (a few times a year max), it's when we play our 5-10ct game where basically it's just lots of fun. As soon as the stakes are higher there are no such rules obv.

Same rule. You can get your card back but you pay doule the raise. I didn't mention that rule as it has basically never happend. One rare occasion where a big winner is in the mood, but otherwise it doesn't happenend.

As I stated earlier, I only do it if and only if we are that same group of child hood friends that have been playing together for 20 years. The exact same people. It's like an unwritten rules that between us we do it, but as soon as there s another people we just don't.

With those six players we also have a 72 rules in omaha we all agreed on. If you win the pot with the same 4 cards on the river, you get half of everyone's stack. Happened once in our life time.
The cards back pre if all but one are in sounds fun.

The Omaha bounty I don’t understand. What wins the bounty, 7722?

The Omaha bounty I don’t understand. What wins the bounty, 7722?
We don't have a bounty with 7722. But it would make more sense actually. We just chose what was the less likely hand to be dealt and we came up with XXXX... but as I stated, we basically never play omaha.

If its friendly just follow dead simple rules so no one can make a fus about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom