My whiskies on auction (1 Viewer)

Lemme know if anyone won one or more lots.

Still looking to see if I can get a bottle of the Laphroaig 15 to replace my recently deceased bottle. Based on where those bottles have been clearing for recently, plus fees/shipping, I don't think I'll be competitive... Unfortunately...

Was also watching some Bunnas (PX and Moine Oloroso) but their prices are just CRAZY right now...

Chances are I'll end up the day empty handed...

Good luck with the auction man!!!

The whisky auction was a success. I have now accumulated enough funds to buy the bike :).

It will be delivered at the end of April, or the beginning of May.

Fantastic BM!!! Congrats man... Can't wait to see the bike!

I still have an open bottle of the Laphroaig 15, still can't believe they stopped making it.

The old 15 might be my favorite Laphroaig. Some of the older bottles loose a bit of the peat slap and some of the younger lack some of the subtleties of an older whisky. Still a big fan of the L10, QC, CS and the Lore while the 20+ yo are a out of my price range. So the old 15 filled a sweet spot for me.

I think Laphroaig's warehouse ran out of older whisky for the 15. Heck, now it seems the NAS is what almost every distillery is putting out (some good, some bad). The one-off 15 200th anniversary was good but not as good as the old 15, IMO of course. And it was out just for that celebration year.

I was also watching some of your Ardbeg bottles but couldn't compete in price. Some of those committee bottles are super expensive now. Anyways...

Congrats again for the auction man... Well done!

I have I even a lot of whisky, but I drink them all:)

Nice Hakushu :).

Not exactly sure what I still have (open), will probably miss a couple, but here it goes:

Ardbeg Corryvreckan (open)
Ardbeg Uigeadail (open)
Blanton's Straight from the Barrel (open)
Cragganmore 12 (open)
Dalwhinnie 15 (open)
GlenDronach 12 (open)
Glenfiddich 12 (open)
Glenfiddich 30 (open)
Glenkinchie 12 (open)
Johnnie Walker Black Label (open)
Johnnie Walker Blue Label (open)
Highland Park 12 (open)
Highland Park 18 (open)
Lagavulin 16 (open)
Lagavulin 21 1985 (open)
Laphroaig 10 (open)
Laphroaig 15 (open)
Maker's Mark (closed)
Oban 14 (open)
Oban Distillery Exclusive (closed)
Rosebank 25 1981 (open)
Springbank 10 (open)
Talisker 10 (open)
Tomatin 12 (open)
Tullibardine The Murray (closed)

And I've got a 4.5l bottle of the Ardbeg Uigeadail which is still closed. Elected not to put that in the auction because it's a really nice eye catcher :).

Jelly and wish I had seen this. Just picked up a bottle of Balvenie 12 Yr Doublewood My absolute favorite to enjoy an evening with.

Those Taliskers look mighty tasty too

Small update...

Got my bike on May 3rd, got hit by a car on May 7th. I had put about 400 miles on the bike.

Unfortunately I hadn't taken a pic of the bike yet, and now it's in the shop until mid June.

The car was in a left turn lane, realized too late it was the wrong turn off, and came back into my lane right in front of me. Couldn't stop or maneuver out of the way in time. Hit the front fender of the car and went down. Major damage to the bike (in excess of $12,000), but I got off with a couple of sprains and bruises, including a bruised rib. The damages are being taken care of by the car driver's insurance.

I have learnt from my mistake, and will take a picture the moment it's been fixed ;).

Small update...

Got my bike on May 3rd, got hit by a car on May 7th. I had put about 400 miles on the bike.

Unfortunately I hadn't taken a pic of the bike yet, and now it's in the shop until mid June.

The car was in a left turn lane, realized too late it was the wrong turn off, and came back into my lane right in front of me. Couldn't stop or maneuver out of the way in time. Hit the front fender of the car and went down. Major damage to the bike (in excess of $12,000), but I got off with a couple of sprains and bruises, including a bruised rib. The damages are being taken care of by the car driver's insurance.

I have learnt from my mistake, and will take a picture the moment it's been fixed ;).
I'm so glad you're relatively unscathed. So that you don't feel too bad, my 17-year old son had his car for about 7 hours before somebody hit him. It was some sort of world record, I believe.

I'm so glad you're relatively unscathed. So that you don't feel too bad, my 17-year old son had his car for about 7 hours before somebody hit him. It was some sort of world record, I believe.
I had a car accident 8 hours after obtaining my drivers license :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (wasn't my fault)

@Bloody Marvelous - glad to hear you are okay! Motorcycles scare the crap out of me :unsure:

Small update...

Glad you're okay BM. (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom