New Here (1 Viewer)

ricovonwinkle

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everybody, my name is Kfir I’m new here to the forum and I’m considering buying my first quality poker chip set.

I have done some homework and I am in between ordering from Apache or going with a group buy from broken arrow supply.

I mostly have cash games with 6-9 players and my current 500 chip count works just fine but I will say the standard denominations do not work great.

This is what I’m considering for my 1/2 cash game with most buying in between $300-$500.

$1 - 100
$5 - 300
$25 - 75
$100 - 25

Any tips helps,
Kfir

Welcome!​

I think you're going to be a little light on chips, I wrote a post on how to calculate break downs, you can find it in my signature (landscape on mobile)

So with that break down your bank is 6000, and your avg buy in to start the game is 3600 (@ 400 per person) leaving you with < 2400 for rebuys, which is 6 rebuys on the avg (again @ 400)

I would add another 100 5s and 125 25s, adding another 3200 in Bank jic

Most 1/2 games would buy in for 200, but if ppl are buying in that deep, you want to make sure you can cover it.

Last edited:
Welcome!​

I think you're going to be a little light on chips, I wrote a post on how to calculate break downs, you can find it in my signature (landscape on mobile)

So with that break down your bank is 6000, and your avg buy in to start the game is 3600 (@ 400 per person) leaving you with < 2400 for rebuys, which is 6 rebuys on the avg (again @ 400)

I would add another 100 5s and 125 25s, adding another 3200 in Bank jic

Most 1/2 games would buy in for 200, but if ppl are buying in that deep, you want to make sure you can cover it.
Great recommendation. I will check your thread regarding chip size! I see the game eventually turning into 2/5 and since I am considering buying chips with the group buy it might be a good idea to get more now. My motto buy once cry once

Welcome! If you’re not in a rush the group buy is a great option due to customization.
Good luck hunting!

My motto buy once cry once
You are going to to fit right in…

For a game going from 1-2 to possibly 2-5 personally id go;

$1 x 200
$5 x 800
$25 x 200
$100 x 80
$500 x 20

You can always add on later, you don’t necessarily need to buy them all now. Gauge the overall availability of the chips you like. Such as plenty HSI chips available, a little more difficult if you went with Tigers.

If you go the custom route from CPC or Tina…maybe get everything you want now so the chips always match in regards to color.

Welcome! If you’re not in a rush the group buy is a great option due to customization.
Good luck hunting!
Yeah no rush. I still have my cheap fake clay chips that are useful haha. I have always wanted to buy some quality chips and when I started searching I was taken back by how many options there is.

Have you ever participated in a group purchase from Broken Arrow? What are your thoughts on their quality and texture? I'm trying to decide whether to choose them, wait for Apache to replenish their Taj Mahal chips, or just opt for the Dunes now.

You are going to to fit right in…

For a game going from 1-2 to possibly 2-5 personally id go;

$1 x 200
$5 x 800
$25 x 200
$100 x 80
$500 x 20

You can always add on later, you don’t necessarily need to buy them all now. Gauge the overall availability of the chips you like. Such as plenty HSI chips available, a little more difficult if you went with Tigers.

If you go the custom route from CPC or Tina…maybe get everything you want now so the chips always match in regards to color.
Sheesh! I did not consider buying 1300 chips, but you make a point if I go with the group buy I should consider the right amount the first time. @Machine what are your thoughts regarding this amount?

Hi and welcome. The group by from @justincarothers (Broken Arrow) will give you lot's of options at a great price. I purchased my cash chips from him and very pleased to be sure.
Get some samples from Justin so you can get a feel of what you like.

Thanks a ton to everyone for your helpful tips! I've decided to order samples from a few places and am pretty excited about possibly joining the group buy.

Originally, I was thinking about getting 500 chips, but now considering 1000 chips so they all match. It might sound like a lot since the sweet spot for one table seems to be around 750 chips. But hey, if I'm going in on the group buy, why not make sure I'm all set in case the game gets bigger or the stakes go up, right? Now, I'm just trying to figure out if I should tweak my mix a bit, maybe add more $100 chips, drop a few $25s, or even throw in some $500 chips.

Here's what I'm thinking for my set:

- 100 of the $1 chips
- 600 of the $5 chips
- 250 of the $25 chips
- 50 of the $100 chips

That brings my total chip value to $14,350.

I was also mulling over the idea of grabbing 25 of the $500 chips. What do you think? Do you often use $500 chips in your games?

Any feedback is helpful!

We have seen 1 $100 chip in play once, at my game… .25/.50 don’t get that big for us

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom