Our family needs your help. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second you start telling others how to think or act, and they are shameful based on your personal moral compass. You cross the proverbial line.
Entire pages of this thread are dedicated to people telling OP how to think/act/post, and that he should be ashamed of himself as a man and father. So as long as you agree that people bashing OP crossed that line, your delineation stands.

Maybe take an introspective look at “how” you say things, and how they come off.

You are absolutely welcome to your views, to share them, and act on them accordingly. I support that and would fight for your right to do so.

The second you start telling others how to think or act, and they are shameful based on your personal moral compass. You cross the proverbial line.
Yes, posts like these are really going to make PCF a better place

CAD and USD funding options? What about Euros? Yen? GBP? AUD?

This might be the most ludicrous thing posted on the site...and we've argued over hot dogs as sandwiches, seen hard candy chips, etc.

Sell your non-essentials, cut back on all expenses, get another job...if you've exhausted all the options, maybe then you can start to beg.

Ridiculous.
Disgusting....and that has nothing to do with any moral compass

@upNdown "These people" and "these types of people" has been invoked a few times.

For anyone that hasn't seen 12 Angry Men, find it in movie or play form, it's an absolute master-class, go watch it. One room full of incredible actors.

It's pretty funny how you extend the freedom to post whatever you want and however much emotional energy you want to spend telling someone exactly how they f*cked up.

Does the freedom to say and post what you want not also extend to OP or is that freedom exclusive to your complaints and criticisms here?

Point out where I said someone couldn't post what they want...I'm waiting...

I'm all for anyone posting whatever they want, with as much emotion & energy as they want.

I'm also in favour of telling people when it's BS or pathetic.

Entire pages of this thread are dedicated to people telling OP how to think/act/post, and that he should be ashamed of himself as a man and father. So as long as you agree that people bashing OP crossed that line, your delineation stands.
If that’s your take away from my post… OK, I guess.

As opposed to just agreeing with you…? Really - lol.
For most oldtimers...the community part was equal to owning chips....making money was not really a thing back then...
I know, call us silly (the small group of geeks we were)

Don't forget the trust we had in each other has build the foundation of what chipping is today
I don't need anyone to agree...but just act as a decent human being, and if not...just don't post judgements that don't lead to anything positive.
How can it 'hurt' someone in any way or form to just post 'congrats' and just hope we will be ok in the long run ? (and it's free of charge too)

Last edited:
Listen Tell Me GIF by Khamari

For most oldtimers...the community part was equal to owning chips....making money was not really a thing back then...
I know, call us silly (the small group of geeks we were)

Don't forget the trust we had in each other has build the foundation of what chipping is today
I don't need anyone to agree...but just act as a decent human being, and if not...just don't post judgements that don't lead to anything positive.
How can it 'hurt' someone in any way or form to just post 'congrats' and just hope we will be ok in the long run ? (and it's free of charge too)
Fair points and well stated. I don’t disagree with a “let’s just be civil to each other” philosophy. In general that’s a good thing and a good philosophy. On that we agree.

In fairness though, there is a contingent on PCF that is quick to defend, and quick to act as the moral police. Almost to a point of being irrational.

I remember the “Poppin” debacle and was still relatively new at the time. I was absolutely shocked at the folks so quick to defend him initially and how quickly they shouted down those who saw early on was it really was. It wasn’t until it become abundantly clear he had ripped people off that the defenders settled down.

I was truly shocked at the lengths folks went to defend Poppin at the time. Sometimes things are not what they seem, and sometimes they are exactly what they seem. Being able to recognize the difference is an important survival skill.

Note: I’m not saying the OP is not legit, I have no idea. My experience with this kind of thing however suggests being cautious. To say otherwise is disingenuous IMO.

Is it better to be “nicer” about it, yeah - probably.

Last edited:

I'm all for anyone posting whatever they want, with as much emotion & energy as they want.

Your response to being told to keep those kinds of vitriolic comments to yourself was a reaction of "I'll say what I want to when I want to, so f*ck off".

By the same logic the person replying to you has the same right to tell you to shut the f*ck up. Guess it only works for when you want to suggest OP go suck a d*ck instead.

You characterize telling him to suck d*ck for money as constructive criticism or telling him it's bs or pathetic to ask for voluntary donations in an off-topic thread here?

Here's what I suggest with the same freedoms as you have to post whatever you want which I fully respect and support. Try getting a prescription for some Prozac, it might help take the edge off.

Every thing you've posted in this thread has been BS and I personally think you are an asshole.

Does it matter...in both cases random people that need help.
In both cases I have nothing except compassion and hope for the best possible outcome
Uh. Dude. Point out where I have picked a side here. I don't have an opinion. I've literally made a vendor dick sucking joke.

And to some people it does, and to some people it doesn't. That's the whole argument. Don't draw me in by pointing out I helped my best friend who got nearly murdered. Hell. Please point out the thousands we've donated to the WCA, Kesem, and the skate park too while your ranking my sins.

Uh. Dude. Point out where I have picked a side here. I don't have an opinion. I've literally made a vendor dick sucking joke.

And to some people it does, and to some people it doesn't. That's the whole argument. Don't draw me in by pointing out I helped my best friend who got nearly murdered. Hell. Please point out the thousands we've donated to the WCA, Kesem, and the skate park too while your ranking my sins.
Not the point I wanted to make...and I donated with pleasure

My point was that there is a place and time for everything, posting that gif was pure derailment...how would you have felt if that happened in your support threads ?

Not the point I wanted to make...and I donated with pleasure

My point was that there is a place and time for everything, posting that gif was pure derailment...how would you have felt if that happened in your support threads ?
Fine. They do it. The first 3 of pages of my last sale thread in my vendor was derailments. Every thread is derailments here. I don't know a single thread I've made where it's not derailed, nearly instantly.

VMR is a friend, the thread is already in shambles. But yes, I'm making it so much worse.
Drag Queen Slow Clap GIF by Jodie Harsh

Fine. They do it. The first 3 of pages of my last sale thread in my vendor was derailments. Every thread is derailments here. I don't know a single thread I've made where it's not derailed, nearly instantly.

VMR is a friend, the thread is already in shambles. But yes, I'm making it so much worse.
Drag Queen Slow Clap GIF by Jodie Harsh
Wait... the nonstop arguing from both sides in a thread where there will never be a clear winner is better than a good ole thread derailment?

Yay PCF

I don't know a single thread I've made where it's not derailed, nearly instantly.
There is, the one I linked in my post (about your friend Nick)...and for good reason too

That was the point I wanted to make

There is, the one I linked in my post (about your friend Nick)...and for good reason too

That was the point I wanted to make
Derail away. I can reopen it for you. Bump it up. Have fun with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom