Giveaway SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE GIVEAWAY III (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have No Idea GIF by NBC

Tournament Director Mason has been sacked.

This Super Smash Bros. giveaway is in the process of being changed to a March Madness giveaway. This is how it will work:
  • The 8 play-in matchups that have already been completed will not change
  • The 8 play-in matchups that not been completed will have their results determined by the winners of 8 major men's conference tournament title games. These conferences were chosen because of the number of Top-25 teams in this week's rankings.
  1. ACC - Atlantic Coast Conference (#7 and #9)
  2. BIG 12 (#1, #6, #11, #14 and #20)
  3. BIG 10 (#3 and #12)
  4. BIG EAST (#2, #8 and #10)
  5. PAC 12 (#5 and #18)
  6. SEC - Southeastern Conference (#4, #13, #15, #16 and #17)
  7. WCC - West Coast Conference (#19 and #23)
  8. MWC - Mountain West Conference (#21 and #22)
  • The 32 first round matchups will have their results determined by the winners of the 32 Round 1 games in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The 16 second round matchups will have their results determined by the winners of the 16 Round 2 games in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The 8 sweet sixteen matchups will have their results determined by the winners of the 8 sweet sixteen games in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The 4 elite eight matchups will have their results determined by the winners of the 4 elite eight games in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The 2 final four matchups will have their results determined by the winners of the 2 final four games in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The consolation matchup will have their results determined by the winners of the championship game in the women's NCAA basketball tournament
  • The championship matchup will have their results determined by the winners of the championship game in the men's NCAA basketball tournament
I have an idea how I want this to work. Once I have it finalized, I will post everything here. One thing I do know is that:
  • This giveaway WILL be completed this time
  • The matchups on the existing brackets will NOT change
  • Each matchup will be assigned to a random game in the NCAA tournament (i.e. the brackets will not coincide with each other)
  • You will NOT have the same team throughout the entire tournament - each matchup will assign new teams to the giveaway participants
STAY TUNED ...

Did I win yet? I think I did. Might as well just ship it. :tup:

Can we do the women’s bracket? They are much more interesting this year!

The Play-In matches in the Blue Chip Region and the TR King Region are set, except for the real-life teams. A random number generator was run, assigning each tournament championship game to one of the eight play-in matches. The higher / lower seeds were also randomly determined. To avoid any confusion, a #1 seed would be the higher seed when compared to a #2 seed. Here are the matchups for the final eight play-in matches:

BLUE CHIP REGION

Play-in Match #1 ... @ChrisTot (higher seed) v. @MemphisFats (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big 10 Tournament Championship (March 17)

Play-in Match #2 ... @Kain8 (lower seed) v. @DuckFat (higher seed)
Actual Game ... WCC Tournament Championship (March 12)

Play-in Match #3 ... @libbylord (lower seed) v. @MrBoosh (higher seed)
Actual Game ... ACC Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #4 ... @ngmcs8203 (higher seed) v. @JackieB (lower seed)
Actual Game ... MWC Tournament Championship (March 16)

TR KING REGION

Play-in Match #1 ... @SpaceMonkey420 (higher seed) v. @TheJestyr (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Pac 12 Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #2 ... @Biznasty (lower seed) v. @Irish (higher seed)
Actual Game ... SEC Tournament Championship (March 17)

Play-in Match #3 ... @BigSlickTux (higher seed) v. @mattross1313 (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big 12 Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #4 ... @almondjoyce (higher seed) v. @dinosaur (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big East Tournament Championship (March 16)

Last edited:
Can we do the women’s bracket? They are much more interesting this year!

I wanted to do a combination of the men's and women's brackets at first, and I do have an idea to incorporate both brackets, but it's not as clean as just doing the men's bracket. If I have time, maybe I'll switch it up a bit. Or maybe I'll just have to save it for another time.

Most confusing giveaway ever!

I thought mine was pretty straightforward and I can't get the three winners to give me their address to ship the stuff out.

How's anybody going to know who even won this or who's even in it anymore?

Most confusing giveaway ever!

I thought mine was pretty straightforward and I can't get the three winners to give me their address to ship the stuff out.

How's anybody going to know who even won this or who's even in it anymore?
It’s a bracket. The same bracket as before. Just determining winners in a different way than originally planned.

Here is a summary of the Play-In matches. The Paulson and CPC Regions already had their Play-In matches determined, and they made it to the big dance. The Blue Chip and TR King Regions will be determined by the men's conference tournament championship games, which will happen next week.

1709825768491.png

Last edited:
CPC REGION (updated with PCF avatars instead of Super Smash Bros. characters)

1709826972200.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom