What video games are you playing? (3 Viewers)

I'm also playing Pony Island. It's a fun, silly story combined with retro side-scroller play that can be annoying as hell, but is mitigated somewhat by unlimited lives and quick restarts. Often when you hit a tough level you can just keep hammering on it until you get through.
Not today, Satan.

I've recently gotten a little hooked on Balatro, though I feel like I'm not very good yet. I've played maybe 20-25 games and only have three wins.

It seems like there's a significant RNG factor - you have to get good jokers early that you can use to build a theme for the game, or get an early source for lots of money, then buy planets and reroll like crazy. I barely use tarots and spectrals (maybe something I need to work on?).
I think most, perhaps all, seeds are winnable in the early stakes once you get more experience. I value tarots and spectral over planets. They help shape the deck more to consistently hit desired hands. To likely to whiff desired planet.

Higher stakes, it's more RNG, but good players (not me) still have pretty high win rates. I tend to just pick something and force it.

I should start a new Stardew Valley save.

With Balatro, planet cards can really help if you are playing one hand type often, especially if you get the voucher “every planet pack contains the hand you use most”. I once got two pair over level 20 doing this.
The spectral cards can be huge, especially if you get the card that gives a legendary joker. Those are often game-changers.
I use tarots often, to boost face cards, and destroy lower cards to create more enhanced face cards.

I think most, perhaps all, seeds are winnable in the early stakes once you get more experience. I value tarots and spectral over planets. They help shape the deck more to consistently hit desired hands. To likely to whiff desired planet.

Higher stakes, it's more RNG, but good players (not me) still have pretty high win rates. I tend to just pick something and force it.

I should start a new Stardew Valley save.
Some games I buy a lot of planets and try to max out certain hands. Other games I don't buy them much at all - especially when I have a Red Card, where the +3 mult across the board always seems to outweigh the value of picking one planet from a booster.

I also don't do a lot of deck manipulation, which is probably why I don't use spectrals/tarots much. I will often get to the end of a game with something very close to the standard 52-card deck.

Still playing Balatro regularly. New patch/beta made big changes to the higher difficulties. Slowly going for Completionist++ (1018/1200 stickers).

Also got a Quest 2 recently. Fun so far. Not loving the action games experiences yet, but mini golf is pretty awesome.
Walkabout Mini Golf is the best game on the platform my a large margin.

Ayo, Visage is VERY good. Horrifying so far, I haven't been this interested in a horror game in a decade, almost woke my wife up. I don't want to spoil anything, but its the most disturbing opening I've ever played and it doesn't quit. Few hours in and still hooked.

Ayo, Visage is VERY good. Horrifying so far, I haven't been this interested in a horror game in a decade, almost woke my wife up. I don't want to spoil anything, but its the most disturbing opening I've ever played and it doesn't quit. Few hours in and still hooked.

No. Nope. Nuh uh. I cain't...

I haven't really sat down with a single player game in a long while, just don't have the time or the energy, but consider me invested after wife and pup head to bed.

Tried to find a gif to represent the game BUT Visage is apparently a drag queen as well lol.
I'm fascinated by the horror genre (much to my demise) so when the demo of Visage came out, I hopped on Twitch and watched people playing this game. It was downright frightening / disturbing. Then I came back to the game after the official release and realized the demo was just that - a light demo. The official game is immensely dark and hauntingly disturbing. Yeah, there are are jump scares galore but it's way more than that. It's just downright creepy.

There is no way I'm ever going to play that. It's way too intense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom