SOLD 100x Empress Joliet $500 Secondary (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right 1400
Angry Rob Lowe GIF by The Grinder

In all seriousness, they really do have a great feel. I don't know what it is about the 500's but they just have a slightly different feel than the other chips in the lineup.

Or maybe these are just that much less worn than some of the other chips in the set :p
In my experience, the vast majority of Paulson’s SCV molds/cups are significantly more worn than the LCV molds/cups.

As a result, most SCV chips, even in brand new condition, feel smoother than LCVs. With the LCV chips, you feel more texture because of the sharper edges and deeper recesses of the mold.

That said, Paulson has at least one set of SCV cups that are (or at least were) quite sharp. I’ve been fooled by these “sharp SCV” chips more than once, initially thinking they were LCV until I looked closely.

I know this is a sale for $500s, but all this makes the Empress secondary $100s LCV/SCV comparison sound like one of the old Miller Lite commercials…

“The LCV hundos’ molds are less worn! The SCV hot pink spots look great!”

In my experience, the vast majority of Paulson’s SCV molds/cups are significantly more worn than the LCV molds/cups.

As a result, most SCV chips, even in brand new condition, feel smoother than LCVs. With the LCV chips, you feel more texture because of the sharper edges and deeper recesses of the mold.

That said, Paulson has at least one set of SCV cups that are (or at least were) quite sharp. I’ve been fooled by these “sharp SCV” chips more than once, initially thinking they were LCV until I looked closely.

I know this is a sale for $500s, but all this makes the Empress secondary $100s LCV/SCV comparison sound like one of the old Miller Lite commercials…

“The LCV hundos’ molds are less worn! The SCV hot pink spots look great!”
That sounds right to me. They do fell like they have more 'texture' than many of the other chips in the lineup. There's been plenty of times when I questioned whether I really needed to insert 500's into the starting stacks. But A) They look so damn good and B) They FEEL so damn good.

Seriously, all this conversation about them is crushing me :p

1722861911849.png

There’s really not much else to say.
  • They look good.
  • They feel good.
  • They’re buttery smooth and soft.
  • They’re quite heavy in your hands.
Just curious, what’s your commission for driving up the price of this auction? And can I get a cut if I start promoting?

Just curious, what’s your commission for driving up the price of this auction? And can I get a cut if I start promoting?
Ooooo… You just made me realize that I *am* quite the idiot - providing value to others without charging a commission fee. The truth hurts, but thank you!

@Teach42 - I believe a small 40% commission on all “raises” since my first post in this thread would be appropriate! :D

Ooooo… You just made me realize that I *am* quite the idiot - providing value to others without charging a commission fee. The truth hurts, but thank you!

@Teach42 - I believe a small 40% commission on all “raises” since my first post in this thread would be appropriate! :D
I was not told there would be any math tonight.

FINAL NIGHT! High bid is $1500. Will that be enough to close it down? This is as dramatic as the Olympics! Or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom