For Sale $50 Apache 5800 Case (4 Viewers)

I purchased one of these cases from @GoJo_Dingo and I am pretty happy with it. It arrived today, and as promised, it will hold 17 racks of chips in "Tina/Justin" racks. It will require some additional foam, but the foam it comes with is nice quality, high density foam that should protect the chip racks quite well.

Here are a couple photos showing that it will hold 17 racks, and where I'm going to add foam.

20241015_211216.jpg

20241015_211242.jpg

The two racks on end will be at the top of the case when it's upright on the wheels. They wedge into that spot very snugly. As long as the case is completely full, they should stay in place nicely.

I'm going to buy some high density, one inch foam. Probably this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB7TKN12/

The two cutouts on the left and right are 7/8ths inch thick, but I think the one inch will be fine. The larger gap to the left of the racks is almost exactly one inch. I believe that three pieces of foam, cut accurately, should provide excellent protection.

Then I will add another piece into the lid which is 8.75" x 16.75" x 1". I probably won't need extra foam at the top (on the right in the 2nd photo) where the two racks go in on their sides.

I'll update here with more photos after I get the new foam installed.

I purchased one of these cases from @GoJo_Dingo and I am pretty happy with it. It arrived today, and as promised, it will hold 17 racks of chips in "Tina/Justin" racks. It will require some additional foam, but the foam it comes with is nice quality, high density foam that should protect the chip racks quite well.

Here are a couple photos showing that it will hold 17 racks, and where I'm going to add foam.

View attachment 1403822
View attachment 1403827

The two racks on end will be at the top of the case when it's upright on the wheels. They wedge into that spot very snugly. As long as the case is completely full, they should stay in place nicely.

I'm going to buy some high density, one inch foam. Probably this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB7TKN12/

The two cutouts on the left and right are 7/8ths inch thick, but I think the one inch will be fine. The larger gap to the left of the racks is almost exactly one inch. I believe that three pieces of foam, cut accurately, should provide excellent protection.

Then I will add another piece into the lid which is 8.75" x 16.75" x 1". I probably won't need extra foam at the top (on the right in the 2nd photo) where the two racks go in on their sides.

I'll update here with more photos after I get the new foam installed.
Can we talk about what that $100 stamp is on the top left? :)

Can we talk about what that $100 stamp is on the top left? :)
It's just your basic Paulson fantasy chip from those days. Used in a lot of Fantasy sets, and apparently custom sets too. CDI $100 is probably most well known. I have 5 of the monogrammed, hot stamp $100s. Not even sure where I got them. Probably in a bigger lot of random chips. I liked it a lot, so I grabbed a couple more barrels in another sale that were murdered or milled, with some having Gear $20 CDI labels and some blank.

I have a leaded hot stamp set from Crystal Palace that I have put these with, just in case I ever have a HUGE game and need to bring them in. But with 4 racks of $5s and a rack of $25s, I have never needed them.

Here's a photo of all the variations I have. Sorry, just realized the monogram is upside down. It should read SHJ, not PHS.

20241016_235705.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom