Found 600-800 pc starter cash set - $0.25/$0.25 up to $1/$2 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdt11

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically what the title says.

Like many, I’ve fallen down the PCF rabbit hole and am looking for a cash set for home games that can support a single table of $0.25/$0.25 up to $1/$2 that I can play with right out of the box. So a mix of $0.25/$1/$5/$25/$100. A rack of $0.05s would be nice to have but not required.

Budget is around $0.40 - $2/chip if it’s something I really like. I have samples of the Tina hybrid web/greek molds and really like them but not looking to wait 2+ months - if you have a set you’re unsure about keeping, I may take them off your hands! This set is basically perfect, but I’m not a fan of the design and am looking for something more simple/classic. Not a fan of the cards/no mold.

On the upper end, I think Paulsons are just out of reach for me. I really like this set but it’s a bit too pricey. A secondhand set of CPCs that aren’t getting much use any more I think would be perfect for my upper range.

Still looking around but wanted to see if there was a set out there that could use a good home!

Cheers

Really like that one too - but I need .25 not .50
@Gear is our best friend! He can take care of this!

Or….

IMG_6540.gif

And then @Gear is still our friend, and he can take care of this!

For a small fee, of course

The user @JScott has a great set of IOCs as well, with screamin fracs

Thread 'RPC Sample & Jack Cinci Tournament & Isle of Capri cash Set'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...nci-tournament-isle-of-capri-cash-set.123950/

Not $2 but man, it’s a great set. Worth consideration also, but I know this hobby is nuts for costs.
Thank you! Like with the Terribles, I’m looking for a $0.25, not $0.50.

On the hobby thing, I get it, and have nothing but respect for you all. As someone who has spent thousands on multiple mechanical watches, I get it! I don’t think I’m quite there on poker chips… yet

You could go with a cheaper set like this one

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...orseshoe-tournament-43mm.123724/#post-2543744

and use them as penny denoms order some labels from sticker mule and relabel the 25K to 5 for you nickels or use a Sharpie marking out everything but the 5 lol if you really trying to save money.

If it was me though I'd go with the crowd's recs and get Terrible's with relabeling the fracs to qtrs.

@Gear is our best friend! He can take care of this!

Or….

View attachment 1391406

And then @Gear is still our friend, and he can take care of this!

For a small fee, of course
Thank you! I wish I was feeling crafty but not looking to do extra working. Hoping for a set I can go straight from the box to the felt with. Big fan of @Gear’s work!

Ceramic, not clay but should be better quality than Tina. 43mm (not sure if that is a plus or minus for you). You could relabel pinks as nickels:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/prestige-43mm-chips-cash-and-tournament-set.123584/

Right at the top of your budget, but you could get these and and reinforce from CPC direcly with $5s $25s. Use them as pennies, so the $5 is a nickel and $25 a quarter and so on:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/rounders-replicas-from-cpc.122343/
Thank you! I love the CPC rounders and have played with a set in person. The $500s here would be a total waste as I don’t think I’d ever use them. If there was a full set at this price that matched the denoms I’m looking for I’d definitely pull the trigger.

Go look on Apache Poker Chips . Com, I really think these chips will be right in your alley. Can customize the exact # of chips you want. Ranging anywhere between around .40-.60 per chip. I personally had a 1000pc set of the Taj Mahals. Absolutely great set, I just sold it for Paulson because I too, have a limited budget.

Go look on Apache Poker Chips . Com, I really think these chips will be right in your alley. Can customize the exact # of chips you want. Ranging anywhere between around .40-.60 per chip. I personally had a 1000pc set of the Taj Mahals. Absolutely great set, I just sold it for Paulson because I too, have a limited budget.
I have Majestic samples that I really like. Wish they had the $0.25 in stock!

Love my Majestics. If I had my IG set much further along I’d consider selling it. It’s right in line with what you are looking for. :). Not yet though. Regardless you can’t go wrong with’em.

Budget is around $0.40 - $2/chip if it’s something I really like.

As someone who has spent thousands on multiple mechanical watches

If you have the budget and history that you willing to spend as well.

I will suggest you to just skip the lower end set and go straight to Paulson / Clay set (you will save a lot of money and time this way), patience is the key for good deal but sometime good deal comes and goes really fast too.

GLWS

Budget is around $0.40 - $2/chip
If you really are willing to spend $2/chip, I suggest going with the IG set. The $5s and $25s you can get right around $2 a chip from apache poker. The $100s are a little more pricey at like $3. Then for the $1 you can go whatever you want really but the majestic stars are what I did, they’re also pretty cheap from apache.

Here is an good deal for a fun, eclectic set of Paulsons. @TheJestyr is a great guy and reputable seller. He might have a rack of fracs he could sell you too (I don't know but he has a collection and has been selling as of late - I will let him respond to this tag).
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cheap-paulson-mixed-cash-sets-800-chips-849.124061/

Or, you could pick up the purple horseshoes or blue starbursts here and use them as non-denominated fracs:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/thc-sale.122550/

Or these milled white solids. You can play with them as is and eventually get some 25c stickers to put on them:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/thc-sale.122550/

I am sure you could find more Paulson frac options in the classifieds if you search.

If you have the budget and history that you willing to spend as well.

I will suggest you to just skip the lower end set and go straight to Paulson / Clay set (you will save a lot of money and time this way), patience is the key for good deal but sometime good deal comes and goes really fast too.

GLWS
I agree! I love my Majestics! BUT, I’d have skipped them and gone up a notch or 3 right out of gate. If I could do it over again.

If you really are willing to spend $2/chip, I suggest going with the IG set. The $5s and $25s you can get right around $2 a chip from apache poker. The $100s are a little more pricey at like $3. Then for the $1 you can go whatever you want really but the majestic stars are what I did, they’re also pretty cheap from apache.
Thank you! Sorry if this seems like an ignorant question - which is the IG set? Do you have a link?

I’m looking to make a cash set. Need lots of 1’s and 5’s and then I need to decide on fracs. It’s between these and Diamond Jacks for me for my first Paulson set. Deciding whether to bite the bullet and buy all at once or buy in pieces until the set is complete. First all the pieces need to be available of course. ;).

I’m looking to make a cash set. Need lots of 1’s and 5’s and then I need to decide on fracs. It’s between these and Diamond Jacks for me for my first Paulson set. Deciding whether to bite the bullet and buy all at once or buy in pieces until the set is complete. First all the pieces need to be available of course. ;).
Lots of fives huh? Big game? All at once is one route. Building a set is option two. If you want to felt the chips more quickly you seek and destroy. If you have time stalk and pounce. The latter is definitely where I’ve landed having several playable sets in the stable. Good luck!

Lots of fives huh? Big game? All at once is one route. Building a set is option two. If you want to felt the chips more quickly you seek and destroy. If you have time stalk and pounce. The latter is definitely where I’ve landed having several playable sets in the stable. Good luck!
This is my current dilemma ha. Would like something I can felt sooner than later which is why I’m looking for a full set but those seem harder and rarer to come by.

This is my current dilemma ha. Would like something I can felt sooner than later which is why I’m looking for a full set but those seem harder and rarer to come by.
You can always buy something like this…

Thread 'PNY - Tina set $220 shipped'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pny-tina-set-220-shipped.123353/

This is a great set. Ready to rock out of the gate. In the meantime, you can tip toe your way around and build a dream set.

I’ve been twitching for Ryan’s set, and his asking price is very low. I don’t want to fall back into more Tina sets (I already have a few)

I even have a beautiful PALMS Tina cash set, same sort of breakdown, and I’d not be able to sell it so low. So the above is a steal for a new chipper.

I suppose 200-300 isn’t really a lot of 5’s lol. But it’s more like 600-800 chips to scale .25-2 limits that can be costly and the drive of my timing decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom