Found 600-800 pc starter cash set - $0.25/$0.25 up to $1/$2 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always buy something like this…

Thread 'PNY - Tina set $220 shipped'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pny-tina-set-220-shipped.123353/

This is a great set. Ready to rock out of the gate. In the meantime, you can tip toe your way around and build a dream set.

I’ve been twitching for Ryan’s set, and his asking price is very low. I don’t want to fall back into more Tina sets (I already have a few)

I even have a beautiful PALMS Tina cash set, same sort of breakdown, and I’d not be able to sell it so low. So the above is a steal for a new chipper.
Thanks. I’m just not a fan of the cards mold chips. Otherwise, yes, this would be perfect.

I suppose 200-300 isn’t really a lot of 5’s lol. But it’s more like 600-800 chips to scale .25-2 limits that can be costly and the drive of my timing decision.
Oh no, to me that’s a ton. A rack of $5’s and a barrel of $25’s will cover our cash game just fine. Full disclosure, we use plaques for big denoms and I have about 120 $5’s and 20 $25’s.

That’s why my cash sets are just fracs and workhorses. Plaques are mobile.

This is my current dilemma ha. Would like something I can felt sooner than later which is why I’m looking for a full set but those seem harder and rarer to come by.
Yeah, unless you group buy (wait time but meh) or Apache it, it’s the forums. And hard to find the right counts for all denoms on the forums. You’re either always shorter somewhere or too deep somewhere. Apache for the win and make a plan to build the next set quest style.

Decisions.

0.25 150
1 150
5 400
25 75
100 25
800 chips that should easily play .25/.25 and ~6k bank for 1/2 should be sufficient for most
I think my ideal breakdown for 800 would be
0.25 100
1 150
5 350
25 150
100 50

Slightly bigger bank for the nights when the 1/2 gets a bit out of hand.

Yup. $25 and 100’s are good. It’s the round up to 200 for the .25 and $1’s (it’ll drive me nuts not to fill out the rack of each) and then finding them.

Here is an good deal for a fun, eclectic set of Paulsons. @TheJestyr is a great guy and reputable seller. He might have a rack of fracs he could sell you too (I don't know but he has a collection and has been selling as of late - I will let him respond to this tag).
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cheap-paulson-mixed-cash-sets-800-chips-849.124061/

Or, you could pick up the purple horseshoes or blue starbursts here and use them as non-denominated fracs:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/thc-sale.122550/

Or these milled white solids. You can play with them as is and eventually get some 25c stickers to put on them:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/thc-sale.122550/

I am sure you could find more Paulson frac options in the classifieds if you search.
Thanks @GreekRedEye !!!

I also have Horseshoe Cinci, HSI, and maybe Jack Cinci or Det available to make sets…but the Horseshoe Cinci would be most cost effective. Could easily keep this around $2 per chip. Unfortunately I don’t have fracs available but I’m sure we could easily get a rack or two of non-denom chips very easily to get a set in play this weekend. I’ll PM OP.

Thank you! Sorry if this seems like an ignorant question - which is the IG set? Do you have a link?
There is only 1 IG set, the only difference is the Primary, and Secondary. The $5 also have a Grand Opening chip, with a larger inlay. I would just recommend looking at Apache's website under "Barrels and Racks", or buy from someone on here. I got my set (with Jumer $1s, and Taj Mahal fracs) for about ~$850 All in. My breakdown is
x100 .25
x140 $1
x300 $5
x40 $25
x20 $100

DM me if you want any more details on my specific set. I am also pretty budgeted so I can help in terms of that.

Update on this. In true PCF fashion, I stretched my budget and was able to order a new set of Diamond Jacks from @BigSlick4523. I'm super excited and expecting delivery later this week.

Thank you again to everyone who reached out with advice, help and other offers. I really appreciate this. Will mark this thread as found once I receive.

Update on this. In true PCF fashion, I stretched my budget and was able to order a new set of Diamond Jacks from @BigSlick4523. I'm super excited and expecting delivery later this week.

Thank you again to everyone who reached out with advice, help and other offers. I really appreciate this. Will mark this thread as found once I receive.
Exactly how I feel for ya! (Cuz this is what I felt when I ordered my first set of Paulson Classics)

IMG_6633.gif

Smart move. Was going to recommend bumping your budget a bit more and grabbing some minty Paulsons. Night and day difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom