A new design (1 Viewer)

Antrooper

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I currently got my hands on some ceramics/hybrids, which I'm trying to create some new designs for them. I'll get some photos out after I got them test prints.
BKGD.png

Last edited:
There's nothing posted here, I didn't make a mistake.

star-wars.gif

Last edited:
I like the look, but the numbers on those small designs are going to be impossible to read. Given how similar the colors are between them, they're going to be very easy to mix up.

I see, I was trying to do some complex thing. But I guess I'll change them.

Nothing wrong with trying to do something complex.

Maybe try colouring the majority of the panels with shades of it's primary colour rather than full spectrum ones.

vtfBomg.png

You could have some panels the same colour across all chips, for example the background or foreground to the denom itself (which needs to be bigger as noted), but have enough of the primary colour & shades to easily be able to tell chips apart.

If these were for inner labels you also have the outer part of the chip for the primary colour and then whatever you want to do with the edges.

I see, I was trying to do some complex thing. But I guess I'll change them.
The point is to be able to easily recognize demons and bet sizing across the table. These designs are too similar and will lead to mistakes and dirty stacks.

If I was playing with these, I would always have the denim side up. Always. And if that's what players are doing, what's the point of having the funky design that's never seen?

EDIT: I thought the designs were for full face ceramics. Having them as "inlays" on hybrids is a bit more palatable. Not my pallette, but to each his own.

The point is to be able to easily recognize demons and bet sizing across the table. These designs are too similar and will lead to mistakes and dirty stacks.

If I was playing with these, I would always have the denim side up. Always. And if that's what players are doing, what's the point of having the funky design that's never seen?

EDIT: I thought the designs were for full face ceramics. Having them as "inlays" on hybrids is a bit more palatable. Not my pallette, but to each his own.
Yeah, I figured, the big denoms sides work out pretty well, guess I'll have to workout from those now lol.

Whatever you do man, do it for you.

There is a guy in our local group who has plastic Dunes replicas for his cash set...the hard plastic slippery ones.

He loves them and refuses to acknowledge how bad if chips they are.

100% this. Don’t let some poker-buff with a boner tell you what you’re supposed to like. If three of your spot colors are repetitive, big deal. Just make sure the chip base color is identifiable and differentiated enough. The table will figure it out.

In the end, they are your chips. And yes. You can be very picky about what you want.

The backside denom really helps. Also, you can mix and match the artwork colors of the inlays to better reflect the chip colors and spots. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Since you’re getting them on the web mold, don’t think you need to have the web design around the denominations. And you could just have one side be the design without the denoms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom