Ace-Jack in the Hijack, 25c/50c deep NLHE cash game (1 Viewer)

great input, thanks everyone.

...continuing.

The Hand:
MP1 limps 50c, Hero (HJ) raises to $3 with :ah::js:. CO calls $3. Button raises to $10 total. MP1 calls $9.50. $7 to Hero, $26 in the pot.

Hero calls $7, CO folds. Pot $33.75.

Flop:
:th::jc::3h:

MP1 checks, Hero checks. Button bets $25. MP1 calls. Pot $83.75. Hero calls.

Turn ($108.75):
:8h:

Remaining Stacks:
MP1 ($85)
Hero ($70)
Button ($115)

MP1 checks, Hero All-in $70. Button tanks, calls. MP1 folds.

River is a brick.

Button tables :td::tc: to take the pot.

Thanks everyone for the comprehensive input on this hand.

Any guesses what MP1 held? I have since found out the answer.

On the turn, I'm check-calling, never folding, and likely re-buying.

I don't see much value in jamming, since button is either way ahead or folding with air. Let him fire again if the latter.

Late to the party.

Preflop I don’t like the situation this deep and I just fold.

Flop we can get sticky we have TP/TK and backdoors. I can’t think of a clearer check/call.

Turn we pick up some equity so we can check/call again. Our hand feels too good to donk bluff here.

MP has lots of hands that take the line. If I had to hazard a guess...KQ with no heart.

Sucks from MP1s perspective. I can surely see why he folded with three to a suit on the board. Total illustration why you need to be aggressive with AA preflop. Granted had he raised pre with his AA he would’ve been stacked by buttons set.

Interesting thread. Agree with most that the premise was getting involved with AJ off to start with. Just too hard to really make a winning hand against multiple players. I get the "see the flop" then fold crowd. But this is exactly the kind of flop that crushes A J. You just have no idea if its really good or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom