Advice $0.25/$0.25 starter set recommendation and denom break down (1 Viewer)

sup_squidy

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey new here! Thinking cry once may be the best strategy for my home game cash set to be. My game size is typically 5-7 players typical buy in 100bb at a time $25. Now not me, but most of them like to limp and play family pots so I was thinking a barrel each of .25 chips would be best for them, followed by 15 x $1, and 1x $5. Guess rebuys with only $5's get change from the table?
My question to you would be what should my bank and chip set in total look like for a few rebuys and the occasional extra player? I was thinking a set of HSI? can anyone approximate what I should budget for "good" chips that I plan on using twice a month. Don't need a safe queen set want an "affordable" set that will see lots of love over the years and likely some drunk friends splashing the pot with them despite being told not to. I don't want to be super bummed about damage but do want the set to be sort of clean? If you guys get my drift? Best possibly condition to price ratio without anxiety of use.
to the community I ask
1. set recommendations?
2. optimal break down to lower costs (avoid having too many chips).
3. Your best rough estimate
thanks fellas!

PCF approved 600ct breakdown:

100x $0.25
200x $1
200x $5
80x $25
20x $100

That allows the game to grow from $0.25/$0.25 to $0.50/$1.

You can get some nice RHC (reverse hat and cane) chips sets from apachepokerchips.com

HSI or Indiana Grand are a great option and pop up on the classifieds often.

I wrote a post so that you could calculate it yourself, you can find it in my signature (landscape on mobile)

PCF approved 600ct breakdown:

100x $0.25
200x $1
200x $5
80x $25
20x $100

That allows the game to grow from $0.25/$0.25 to $0.50/$1.

You can get some nice RHC (reverse hat and cane) chips sets from apachepokerchips.com

HSI or Indiana Grand are a great option and pop up on the classifieds often.
Thanks for this! The game growing is something I never thought about maybe one day we might mix in some higher stakes or at this rate just inflation... lol

If you're only ever 7 players or less you can probably bring your set down to about 400-450 chips.

100x $0.25
150x $1
150x $5
20× $25

Total bank $1425, which covers a huge amount of rebuys at $25, less but still doable at $50.
I think this would be perfect for the time being none of them really ever max rebuy maybe I have seen it once. I could build off this in the future too as required. How much per chip is the going rate of a set like this? or total cost range?

How much per chip is the going rate of a set like this? or total cost range?

Custom Tina ceramics gets you in at $0.50 per chip, fully customized, and on some very interesting web or Greek key mold.

Upcoming Sun-Fly injection mold plastics are $1 per chip with a customizable label (but not underlying chip colour/pattern). I've only briefly handled them but they will be heavier than most other plastics like Abbiati, Matsui, or Bud Jones.

The sky's the limit for true clays, though a reasonable set of CPC customs might clock in at $1300-1400 for 420ish chips. Stock designs will be less expensive, I'm pretty sure under $1000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom