Advice for New Chippers (2 Viewers)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
To all the new chippers – welcome to the world of chipping. If you’re fairly new to the hobby, you’ve probably already noticed that this is a pretty tight-knit and passionate community. While there are definitely opportunities to make some money, it’s a good idea to be careful when you’re dealing with transactions. Your reputation here is built on trust, honesty, and a real love for the hobby, so how you go about buying and selling makes a difference.

If you’re selling or trading an item, try to avoid sending private messages just asking for the highest offer without giving a clear price. It’s usually better to be upfront and share your asking price. This way, everyone knows where things stand, and you can avoid misunderstandings that might leave someone feeling burned.

Remember, some members might see fishing for high bids as a bit of profiteering, and it could make future deals tricky. You might miss out on someone helping you track down a rare chip later just because they felt like you weren’t being straight with them in the past.

There are also instances when someone you’ve interacted with is leading a sale, and just when you think the inventory has dried up, they may help—or choose not to help—you obtain that last rack or barrel of chips, depending on previous interactions. Be honest and open about what you’re looking to buy or sell; it will go a long way in building trust and earning a good reputation.

Due to the private nature of these interactions, individuals seeking the highest offer often remain anonymous. However, keep in mind that we take notes and share our experiences with one another behind the scenes.

At the end of the day, chipping isn’t just about the chips; it’s about connecting with people who share the same passion. Keeping things respectful and real will help you become a valued part of the community. That is just my two cents.

While I do agree with everything said above I also would like to add that I personally am very happy to see our community hasn’t changed one bit in the 5 years I’ve been here. Glad to be the first comment in the yearly pre Black Friday sale flipping debate!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom