Another Apache Case Thread (1 Viewer)

Broski

Pair
Reaction score
I know the Apache cases have been beat to death, and I have scoured most of the threads trying to get this figured out. So, I need you help. I have a 900 chip set containing 500 43mm and 400 39mm fracs. Trying to get all of that as well as cards a buttons in a 3800. I know 800 is nearly a perfect fit with everything, and you can fit 1000, but I just can't wrap my head around a good way to fit it all. I would rather not have to go to a 4800 as I think it will just swallow up the set. Any suggestions?

I know the Apache cases have been beat to death, and I have scoured most of the threads trying to get this figured out. So, I need you help. I have a 900 chip set containing 500 43mm and 400 39mm fracs. Trying to get all of that as well as cards a buttons in a 3800. I know 800 is nearly a perfect fit with everything, and you can fit 1000, but I just can't wrap my head around a good way to fit it all. I would rather not have to go to a 4800 as I think it will just swallow up the set. Any suggestions?
Are you still looking for help?

900 chips

Flat rows are double stacked then 3 on their side w buttons etc under

3 pieces of foam remain on each side of the pluck and pick

Fits as snug as as a bug in a rug

Edit:. I forgot to mention these are 43mm (Tinas)

Attachments

• IMG_6796.jpeg
    IMG_6796.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6795.jpeg
    IMG_6795.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Won't turn it down
Here's one I found on here, wish I had the credit to give. I think it was a pelican case, and I really like that the racks didn't have to be stacked onto each other. You could remove a rack and add a bank or a couple of decks of cards. If I have time I'll play around on mycasebuilder to see what options I can come up with (I love playing around with things like that)

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 35
Here's one I found on here, wish I had the credit to give. I think it was a pelican case, and I really like that the racks didn't have to be stacked onto each other. You could remove a rack and add a bank or a couple of decks of cards. If I have time I'll play around on mycasebuilder to see what options I can come up with (I love playing around with things like that)
Something about that is especially awesome. Super custom lol

I will say with Tina racks that have a top/bottom, stacking racks isn't a worry everything is protected

That is my case. Here is the case from mycasebuilder https://mycasebuilder.com/cases-by-brand/custom-foam-mycasebuilder-cases/j-250-custom-foam-case/

Image2.jpg

The original case design was done by Greg @gkitt80 and fits 1000 chips plus cards & DB's. I bought the first one second hand from Greg and then had a second one made. Each barrel is separate, no racks involved. The J250 is way bigger than the Apache cases 3800 & 4800 though.

My standard 800 chip layout using an Apache 3800 is below. It stacks 2 levels of standard racks and has space for a setup & DB's. I think you'd be hard pressed to fit 900 chips in the 3800 especially if over half were 43mm, you might could do it but it would be really tight (need a little tetris to figure out the puzzle). You would need to probably go with the 4800 to fit that.

Image4.jpg

2b-jpg.702867

3c-jpg.702872

4d-jpg.702873

Be aware the mycasebuilder prices have gone up substantially in the last couple of years. Unless you are planning on using the PnP foam included with the Apache case instead of the custom hard cell foam (recomended), you will be paying up.

Something about that is especially awesome. Super custom lol

I will say with Tina racks that have a top/bottom, stacking racks isn't a worry everything is protected
Yeah, I stacked my two cases, and it’s worth it for me. I do like how streamlined this is though. For mine I glued the foam under the racks to keep the bottom chips snug, so I saved my covers for other cases. I do want a case like this, though, to fit 500, with the chips in their own pre-measured slots
That is my case. Here is the case from mycasebuilder https://mycasebuilder.com/cases-by-brand/custom-foam-mycasebuilder-cases/j-250-custom-foam-case/

View attachment 1386625

The original case design was done by Greg @gkitt80 and fits 1000 chips plus cards & DB's. I bought the first one second hand from Greg and then had a second one made. Each barrel is separate, no racks involved. The J250 is way bigger than the Apache cases 3800 & 4800 though.

My standard 800 chip layout using an Apache 3800 is below. It stacks 2 levels of standard racks and has space for a setup & DB's. I think you'd be hard pressed to fit 900 chips in the 3800 especially if over half were 43mm, you might could do it but it would be really tight (need a little tetris to figure out the puzzle). You would need to probably go with the 4800 to fit that.

View attachment 1386626

2b-jpg.702867

3c-jpg.702872

4d-jpg.702873

Be aware the mycasebuilder prices have gone up substantially in the last couple of years. Unless you are planning on using the PnP foam included with the Apache case instead of the custom hard cell foam (recomended), you will be paying up.
thank you for sharing! I bookmarked this for future reference

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom