Apache Garage Storage? (1 Viewer)

paulkersey

Two Pair
Reaction score
Are there any concerns with keeping chips in Justin racks inside Apache cases stored in a carport psuedo-converted garage long term? Is moisture a concern? Located in the PNW so temps range from -10 to +30c throughout the year. Cheers

I'd worry about the heat long before I'd worry about humidity.

[EDIT - I'm in a desert so that's rarely a concern here, but I actually worry about the dry air we have and what that might be doing to my chips. They are all inside and in air-conditioning so the temperature part of the equation doesn't affect me... on purpose.]

Is moisture a concern?
With the PNW weather (rain and damp for 7 months solid), my worry would be mould (mold) and mildew. Especially if they have paper labels, which are food for mold/mildew. Inlays may be less of a concern, but still would be the problem area , as opposed to the clay portion, which could probably be cleaned if affected.

Placing some desiccant bags inside the case, and changing them every 3 months or so may be a good idea.

Heat damage is probably not a concern, unless a heat dome sets in for a week or more, but that is pretty rare on Vancouver Island (as opposed to the Fraser Valley, where the temperature went over 45C in my back yard a year or so back)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom