Best fold ever (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was curious what do you consider the best fold ever. I tend to think folding KK preflop and being right is the best fold one can make. However, if you are right only once it's not really a good fold, but a lucky one.

My favorite best fold has probably to be Doug Polk folding a straight to Philly hellmuth s straight.

Another fold that I had enjoyed seeing was the good old Doyle folding his QQ against Chip Reese s KK.

So what's the fold you liked?

Can’t think of a fold situation but recently in the main event the bubble guy had KK and called aces for his stack. Only time I can think I’d make that fold unless I had some sort of live read

Folding KK to AA is my white whale. I have yet to do it. I had the opportunity a few months ago. Clear as day. But I called like a donkey because stacks were so shallow. Imo this is a great fold.

@kmccormick100 KK fold to @RocAFella1 AA pre-flop, after a 20 minute tank:
7U2vtam.jpg

Special guest-appearance by "@BarrieJ3 Secret Stuff" jar.

Didn't this hand come up in the main event this year. QQ vs KK vs AA and aces ended up winning the minimum. That hand had two great folds

We had QQ vs. KK vs. AA at a home tourney just a couple of weeks ago. Three-way all in pre-flop. QQ made quads but was short stack for main pot. AA held for side pot.

In the same tourney I made a good read and disciplined fold on turn with QQ. Villain showed AA after. Phew!

Lately I've been playing tons of big-hand (i.e., 3 hole cards or more) Double Board Hold'em, where even if you have the "nut" full house by the board, someone could have a bigger boat via trips or a pair combo in the hand.

Those can be hard to get away from, but the feeling of vindication can be fantastic when someone plops down aces full or quads.

The Polk fold to Hellmuth was really good, but even Doug admits it wasn't an all time great fold. Given any knowledge of how Phil plays, and the crazy overbet - it just made perfect sense to fild that one - as unlikely as Phil's hand was, it was kinda likely.

Folder KK three times pre. Twice confirmed correct, other time villain flashed one K.

Folded middle flopped set once to JM (going way back now) on a bone dry board. Massively incorrect.

Mixed / circus games, lolz. Big folds way easier when it’s triple draw 6 card max.

this fold is pretty up there for me. I can see her reasoning I just know I’d never be able to do it.

This was another one similar to this during this years wsop

Found it. Last hand around 23:00

My favorite best fold has probably to be Doug Polk folding a straight to Philly hellmuth s straight.
This is a great example.
The Polk fold to Hellmuth was really good, but even Doug admits it wasn't an all time great fold. Given any knowledge of how Phil plays, and the crazy overbet - it just made perfect sense to fild that one - as unlikely as Phil's hand was, it was kinda likely.
I'll slightly disagree with Doug Polk's self analysis here. Maybe he's being a bit modest on purpose about his reads and not wanting to brag or advertise about this hero fold (unlike Helmuth would). But I remember watching that hand on PokerGo, and I recall that in the post-hand talk at the table, most of the other players in that game thought Polk was crazy to fold the low flopped straight (I don't recall if Polk folded face up or not), so at least some, if not most, of the other players seated in the game would have lost to Helmuth in the same spot, so I do give a lot of credit for Polk for that fold. Great read by him.

This is a great example.

I'll slightly disagree with Doug Polk's self analysis here. Maybe he's being a bit modest on purpose about his reads and not wanting to brag or advertise about this hero fold (unlike Helmuth would). But I remember watching that hand on PokerGo, and I recall that in the post-hand talk at the table, most of the other players in that game thought Polk was crazy to fold the low flopped straight (I don't recall if Polk folded face up or not), so at least some, if not most, of the other players seated in the game would have lost to Helmuth in the same spot, so I do give a lot of credit for Polk for that fold. Great read by him.
I think Polk knew his customer pretty well. I haven’t watched the hand in a while either, but as a recall, didn’t Phil make a massive overbet - something like $100k into a $15K pot? And once Polk got Phil talking, didn’t Phil say something like he could have blockers, or something really stupid?
You’re right, most of the players at that table said they were never folding. But I remember watching it when it was first streamed, before anybody was talking about it. And of course it’s a world of difference when you can see the hole cards. But my initial impression of it was that Phil just played it horribly, and I’m usually the guy defending Helmuth.
I’m gonna have to track it down to bought and give it another look. But yeah, fair enough, any way you cut it, it was a great fold.

but as a recall, didn’t Phil make a massive overbet - something like $100k into a $15K pot? And once Polk got Phil talking, didn’t Phil say something like he could have blockers, or something really stupid?
Yes! and yes!! I don't remember the size of the overbet, but IIRC, after Polk tanked for a minute or so and started talking, Helmuth also said something like "I could have a set" to which Polk replied "COULD you!?" (As in would Phil Hellmuth, the poker player, really shove here with the 3rd nuts, or just a big draw.)

[Edit: Just checked the video, and the flop was :js::9s::8h:. Polk had :td::7c:, Hellmuth had :qs::th:. Bord (with pocket 2s) bet $2,000 on the flop, Polk raised to $7,000 and Hellmuth went All-In for $97,200. Pot at that point was $110,100, and Polk would have had to call $90,200. (Polk had him covered, with remaining stack of $193,000.)]

The best fold I ever made was with KKxx from the BB on a K55 flop with 9 turn and J river in Limit Omaha hi-lo on the river for one more bet after I 3-bet the guy. Flop went check check, turn check check, river I bet, he raised, I 3bet, he 4bet, I folded face up. The entire table went bananas. Players started coming over from other tables to see what all the commotion was. They had to call the floor. I got accused of chip dumping to the other player LOL. It was in a WSOP Circuit Event several years back in San Diego, which I ended up winning. It felt like that scene in Rounders where the cops ask to see which card is at the bottom of the deck. People legit thought I was cheating. So much so that the other guy ended up showing his 55 for quad 5s to calm the situation down after the floorman came over. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom