Fold KK preflop (2 Viewers)

Has anyone had KK before and folded preflop and was correct, that the villain had AA against you?
I experienced multiple times that I have KK and we go raise - 3 bet - 4 bet - all in but no matter which hand it was I could not fold KK preflop and got crushed by aces.
If anyone could share some tips on how to evaluate if folding KK preflop ever makes sense?

Thank you all in advance!
Yup, I’ve done it before and it sucked. I was right though. It was the only player who I would do it against because I knew he was very very tight. I’d played with him for years and noticed he infrequently would turn up with worse than AA if he was 3 or 4 betting. So when I 3 bet KK and he 4 bet me I thought for a while and decided that it was time to pick a better spot and mucked. He had AA. So imo no book will tell you too, but there are times it makes sense. But, I would always call off a few times with KK to make sure my read is good if I ever thought about it.

Also the guy I folded KK too is a guy I’ve played with for nearly 3 years multiple times a week by that point. So I was very confident in my knowledge of his game. Without hours of time at the table to make that determination it’s a snap call all day long.

I remember reading in Harrington on hold'em that there are some rare situation in tournament s bubble where folding AA is the correct move.
Yes, it's a tournament quirk, but if you are on a shorter stack with someone else already all in and called, staying out of the pot may be the best play in terms of actual dollars depending on what the ladder jump would be worth if the at risk player goes broke. Especially if the at risk player has more chips than you.

In tournament yes, close to the bubble or two players already All-in laying down KK is sometimes the correct move. Same with AA, I have folded AA pre-flop in tournaments at least twice, once on the bubble and once there was a big payjump coming up. Both hands had multiple players covering me and at least 2 all-in's

KK In Cashgame if I'm 500bb+ deep and get 4 betted by a known tight player then I might but still have yet to see it happen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom