Black light UV shows difference between leaded and unleaded chips of same color (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Holy crap, did we know this?
I knew the ones with the top hat and cane symbol on the hot stamp were unleaded. But the arc yellow on both look like same same color to the naked eye.
Both versions of the chip definitely react to the black light, but they react very differently.
Check it out!

983B00C4-75D7-47FB-B9C9-87543278552E.jpeg

F70A1D7B-5A6B-41A1-89FF-11C8DF4BB3CB.jpeg

These have come down a lot in price, but are still very expensive. I used to have access to one of these 24/7 but never tried it on poker chips.

1679968458717.png

Holy crap, did we know this?
I knew the ones with the top hat and cane symbol on the hot stamp were unleaded. But the arc yellow on both look like same same color to the naked eye.
Both versions of the chip definitely react to the black light, but they react very differently.
Check it out!

View attachment 1107589
View attachment 1107588
Have you weighed them to see if there is any significant difference?

What do the 10% lead chips look like? ;)
Honestly, I’ve gone through and weighed a bunch of them and though most of them are either just under 9.5 or right around 11, there are some that come in right around 10. I’ve never grouped them together to see if they have some commonality because I assume that it’s just normal variance. But maybe some rainy day . . .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom