My thoughts after trying out 7 CPC molds (2 Viewers)

What will really twist your mind is that if you ask David at CPC, he will tell you that there is no difference between the molds and the chips are created out of the same material and process.

So is there really a difference? Or is it a self fulfilling prophecy that they sound act different?
nick-cage-con-air.gif

Thanks for the feedback, that makes sense. FWIW (and David can correct me if I'm misremembering some past conversations), the samples that CPC makes available are largely intended for folks to get a feel & look for the mold. The samples don't go through the same QC with regards to things like chip thickness and diameter. I doubt those lcrowns would have made it through QC for a full set, it looks like there would be close to a 2 chip difference in height for stacks of 20. I've played with custom sets that were off a bit (close to 1 chip), but never that much. Hell even BCC had better QC than that lol.

For those types of issues (like stack heights), I would definitely rely more heavily on the experience from previous set owners.
Yes that is correct. The 'spare' bodies used for factory samples were invariably sized for a different mold originally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom