Blackjack Tournament (1 Viewer)

jkoclanis67

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
My son is having his high school graduation party this weekend and he wants to play some Blackjack with the friends and family that will be here celebrating. I figured I would set up a free Blackjack Tournament (me being the dealer) and give out a small prize (gift cards?) to the overall winner (or maybe the top 3). I was hoping to see if anyone here has done a Blackjack Tournament, and how they ran it.

Here's the setup I have come up with:
  • Seven players per round, with 6 or 7 rounds in total.
  • Each round consists of 12 hands (I'm estimating it will take about 20-30 minutes to complete a round)
  • Each player will receive $500 in chips.
  • The minimum bet is $5.
  • The maximum bet is $50, for the first 10 hands.
  • For the last 2 hands, you can bet up to $100 (or maybe $200. I'm still thinking on this one).
  • The player with the most chips from each round* plays in a final round to determine the overall winner (and 2nd and 3rd place, if we decide to give prizes that deep).
*If a chip leader from a round has left the party before the final round I will go to the person who finished second in that round, then third, and so on.

Let me know your thoughts and if there in anything I've missed or can improve on.

Generally, BJ tournaments will also have a moving per hand "button" initiating the betting.
In other words round 1, seat 1 makes their bet followed by seat 2, 3 etc.
Next round seat 2 bets first followed by seat 3, 4 etc.
Next round seat 3 bets first etc. etc.

GL, these can be a lot of fun!

These old videos shows World Series of Blackjack, they are pretty interesting if you want to see how a blackjack tournament works

ect

I've done blackjack tournaments for my own charity fundraising efforts.

6 or 7 players per round is fine.

Use a 6-deck shoe. I have found that it lasts around 20-30min rather than count hands.

For $500, I would make minimum bet $20. No max. If a player wants to blow it all right away, let them.

Use a dealer button to rotate who starts with first card.

Top chip stack per round goes to the final table. It's better to run 2 tables if you have at least 30 players to go through.

These old videos shows World Series of Blackjack, they are pretty interesting if you want to see how a blackjack tournament works

ect
That was so painful to watch. I can’t imagine having to sit through that when you’re use to the regular tempo of blackjack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom