Can I take chips to Canada for a Sales Meeting? (1 Viewer)

LowerBama1714

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I use chips to hand out as points for performance during sales trainings. Will I encounter any trouble with customs officials if I’m taking a rack to Montreal?

Just call them exchangeable tokens for poutine and they'll just wave you through.
That’s solid…I usually leave everything there and jam my luggage full of cheese and gravy on the return trip.

Our potatoes are better so I don’t bother trying to smuggle those into the US.

I brought a small set in my carry-on down to LV and back last year. I didn't have an issue going into the US or coming back into Canada. Can't imagine you'd have any issues at all.
Thanks…I was planning on bringing some Harrahs…didn’t want any chance of confiscation.

Usually bring Tina chips, but am looking forward to teaching folks about our hobby,

“Sales meeting”

Hey! He didn’t say what he was selling.

IMG_8267.jpeg

Maybe @cpac54 can help with canadian insight knowledge...
I haven't been back home to Canada in almost 5 years... that said, I can't imagine it would be an issue. I've been to and from the U.S. several times, as well as in Europe, with chips; never had an issue. I just always take them as carry-on, as the security people always want to inspect them, without fail.

EDIT: I'll be going over to Canada in August for my first visit since 2019. For what it's worth, I'll be bringing a rack of chips over with me to give to a fellow PCFer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom