Giveaway Cartamundi Classic Playing Cards (1 Viewer)

Yeah, No Neck Joe came from Spike & Mike's animated film festival. Was kind of a travelling show (a movie containing a bunch of short animated film clips) back in the 90's. I know that's where Beavis and Butthead, Wallace and Gromit, and a few others began. Could have sworn South Park started with Spike & Mike too (where Cartman was actually named Kenny :eek:), but I could be wrong...

:)
Jesus. I went to spike and Mike at least once, in Cambridge. Or maybe Somerville. Pretty sure I saw South Park (the Jesus episode) and bevis and butthead and probably ren and stimpy too.

Not an entry because I already have way too many cards, but any talk of animation gets my attention.

Favorite growing up? That's an easy choice:

AD-T&Jtitle.jpg

...because nothing is funnier than good ol' fashioned cartoon violence, especially if it involves a frying pan to the face or an anvil to the head. Same reason why the Roadrunner and Coyote are right up there as all-time favorites.

(This is the drawing for the title card for the cartoons when they went to CinemaScope in the early 1950s that's in my collection.)

AD-PATB-cel.jpg

I stumbled across a very early episode of Animaniacs when I was in high school and it rekindled my interest in animation. The segments with Pinky and the Brain always got me.

(This is the first piece of animation art I acquired. It's been as much as a financial rabbit hole as chips have been. :oops: Sorry for the reflections off the glass.)

Not long after, I started finding other brilliant shows that have become favorites and still find I enjoy more animation than I probably should. A great deal of it is actually quite good and when written well can treat viewers of all ages. In seriousness, how in the world did the team writing Rocko get away with this... on Nickelodeon??

RML-screenshot.png

I'll stop here to not clutter up the thread too much. Great posts from everyone so far. Lots of quality shows represented here which shows the discerning tastes this group has.

Jesus. I went to spike and Mike at least once, in Cambridge. Or maybe Somerville. Pretty sure I saw South Park (the Jesus episode) and bevis and butthead and probably ren and stimpy too.

Yeah, use to look forward to it every year back then. First saw it when I lived in Portland, OR in the early 90's... then moved to the Bay Area and took the future wife to one of the S&M Sick & Twisted festivals in San Jose. Takes a particular sense of humor to appreciate it. Amazing she's still with me... :wtf:

Yeah, use to look forward to it every year back then. First saw it when I lived in Portland, OR in the early 90's... then moved to the Bay Area and took the future wife to one of the S&M Sick & Twisted festivals in San Jose. Takes a particular sense of humor to appreciate it. Amazing she's still with me... :wtf:
uh... S&M as in "Spike & Mike"... just to be clear... :wow:

No Neck Joe of course, from Spike & Mike... ;)

Wow... that's pretty trippy... and a bit too off-kilter for my taste.

Although I did always laugh when my son discovered (and shared) the "out-there" Baman Piderman series of short cartoons... so quirky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom