Chip cases (1 Viewer)

I'd recommend the apache cases from harbor freight. Either 1x(tight) or 2x 3800's, a 4800, or even the 5800. Wait for the sales, they have good sales often on these. the last one was 50% off.

The Versa deluxe is the only case designed to hold 1,000 chips that I’ve ever seen, that’s actually a quality build.

Or go custom with @alecnetwoodworks :)

All depends on if you plan on traveling with them or simply for display.

1718139194767.png

I modified a Versa 1,000 chip case to hold racks rather than using the supplied interior velvet thingies:

IMG_4608.jpeg

A series of posts about the demolition and modifications starts here, pics on the following page:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/versa-cases-back-in-stock-at-dps.20404/post-1237572

After demo there was room for 1,100 chips plus a card setup.

I very much prefer to have cases where chips can be stored in barrels rather than long rows/columns, which is why I put racks in these cases. (You can also commission inserts from some vendors if you want to have barrel-sized slots.) For the same reasons I don’t use multi-level cases requiring trays to be lifted up to see/access everything.

The long built-in rows in many cases often hold unpredictable numbers of chips (especially given that chip thicknesses vary), so you can’t just eyeball them to get counts.

Being able to grab barrels also makes it so much easier to manage things in-game. Plus it makes counting chips you’ve stored so much easier.

Bear in mind that any case with 1K chips will be fairly heavy, if you’re traveling with it. (Can’t remember if rollers are available for Versas.)

For my home game I now am using an Apache 9800 which has room for 1,400+ chips, multiple setups, buttons/cubes, a large cash slot, etc.:

IMG_1240.jpeg

It comes with pick & pluck foam which I arranged to hold racks, on a single level. This is great for “serving” chips in game, but it’s not something I’d want to move farther than 50 yards from the house to a car. But Apache has lots of other, smaller sizes.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom