Chip Cave Purchase (1 Viewer)

emunster18

High Hand
Reaction score
Recently purchased additional chips for my Nevada Jack Skulls set from Chip Cave. My original set came from American Gaming Supply and BRPro. Giving Chip Cave a chance because of how many ads I saw on social media, and they were about $20 cheaper for the order I wanted.

First off, they did not actually process and send my order until I messaged them. Shipping took double the time that they projected on the website (6 business days instead of 3). The chips were loose in a bubble envelope, and they shorted me 50 chips...

All of the previous items aside, the chips were dramatically different than the ones from AGS and BR Pro. They feel very brittle and chalky. In fact, because of how bad of a packing job they did, one of the chips broke.

Wish me luck on returning these and getting a refund. I hear they aren't the best at responding. I will not be buying from Chip Cave again.

Attachments

• 20240717_080541.jpg
    20240717_080541.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20240717_080546.jpg
    20240717_080546.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 20240717_080554.jpg
    20240717_080554.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 131
About a year ago they bombarded social media and I don't think they had the capacity to handle all the volume. I had placed an order and the same thing as you - dead silence. I eventually got a phone call YES a phone call response to my emails. I eventually received my order and it was shorted 50 chips. Those did get to me quicker than the original order. From what I could gather it's a kid in his parents basement. I love the ads now where they show them loading the shelves and they're not industrial shelving but chrome pantry shelving :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: . My advice is steer clear.

A quick search and at least a couple other also face the same 50 chips shortfall issues well

I don't think $20 buck is a huge difference for order more than 100 chips. But the quality will be different from one another.

Update: Someone called me today to ask me questions about my order. I had sent them an email with a request for a return and refund. They responded, asking for pictures of the order and a few questions. We had some back and forth, then a real live human called me today... I hope that's a sign that they will actually get something done.

One of the chips was broken, about a dozen had little chips in the ceramic, and they shorted me 50 chips. I expressed my severe dissatisfaction, and they were quite apologetic. I'll update the thread as it progresses.

Is it just me or does anyone else smell a run around going on? Insist on a refund and return and see how friendly they are. I’m saying the friendship will end badly, I hope I am wrong.

Not sure about Chip Cave but a lot of these poker chip companies do not stock inventory. They rely on a reshipper. Some of these companies are just a guy and a computer.

Return authorized. I have been emailing them once a day, and have gotten the return instructions. I'll update if/when I actually get a refund.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom