Chip redemption notice - Rockingham Park (2 Viewers)

PAZ

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rockingham Park in Salem, NH is closing after 110 years. Live horse racing ended there in 2010 but the track still offers simulcast and poker. The last day will be August 31st and chip and horse ticket redemption will happen the first 3 days of September. An auction will take place on September 24th and 25th.

The cash BBJ's are gone but the tourney BBJ is currently $26,029.

The person that owns the Tuscan Kitchen bought the parcel and plans on developing the land into a village style area with restaurants, shops, an iMax theater and a hotel.

Sad to see it close after 110 years. Any idea what kind of chips they use for poker?

Every NH card room I have been in is similarly gross in both quality and condition. At 1cent per chip you'd be doing ok if you were starting an underground raked game.

I remember when that placed burned down 35 years ago .... the plan was to move the Patriots there and build a nice stadium (as its easy access to I93). I grew up a mile from there and went to watch the fire. They decided instead to rebuild the track...what a waste. Then that new mall went in and killed off Bradlees and Child World next door (with Channel hardware and Keeleys for those who really remember the old mall).

Several PCFers are there.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wanted to drive up but couldn't justify the 8 hour round trip for chips in very questionably condition. Fortunately I've got some proxies and some bidding partners on site! Maybe we can get a deal.

Details and pictures!!

The auction itself sounds to have been a bit of an affair, so I'm sure we'll get photos in due time. Chips themselves are pretty beat up, but I think we got a fair price.

i wish I could have made it up there this morning, I was curious if there might have been a cheap I way to put together a small tournament set.

I got a mild case of the black plague just from driving with them in the car, and I'm pretty sure one of my fingers is now necrotic, but not a bad haul for a half-day's work.

0924161347b.jpg

Last edited:
One of the roulette wheels fetched a sick price—$900 or $1,000. The other two went cheaper, but I don't recall the exact prices.

How much did the roulette wheels fetch ?
How many peep show up ?

Three wheels: first went for $900; second for $600; third for $400.

Wasn't there but I'm sure the rest of the guys can speak to the crowd.

Three or four bottles of Jagermeister went for $50 or $55 each (the guy whose bid won chose to take all of them at that price).

Also, the first poker table sold went for $250 to a guy who was expecting to be able to cherry-pick his table, but someone grabbed all the good-condition tables before he could pick. After he agreed to $250, the remaining tables were sold for various lower prices. It went at least as low as $75, maybe even $50. (There were about 30 or 40 tables total.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom