Clay Dice Mold? (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
Over 20 years ago I picked up a rack and a half of clay chips in the dice mold from a college hippie chick up in St. Paul for like $20. Already having an abundance of run of the mill dice chips, comparatively I knew there was as difference.

Over time I accumulated thousands of run of the mill dice chips as I ran an annual tournament at our city’s Fourth of July festival. My beloved clay chips were lost in the shuffle and I thought that was that.

I became a chipper a couple of years ago and as I built my stable with what pleased me (HHR’s, DieCards, Paulsons, Royals, my treasures All-Ins) I finally decided to sort, build sets and basically give away all of these largely despised dice chips.

Side note; I’ve built several heads up sets as well as having complete sets of these and I’m only hoping for vape money as I list them locally on CL.

In any event, as I meticulously sorted through these chips I found my clay dice mold. I made a heads up set for myself and The Flyer (son, recent college graduate and owner of the infamous Red Light Game near Chicago) who’s home for the summer before taking work as an RN about an hour south of the Twin Cities.

So thanks for reading and now my inquiry; what’s the deal with clay dice mold chips? Anyone know anything? I know they’re clay, albeit, I’m going strictly on feel and sound, and they’re just a little bit heavier and barely thicker, but I’m convinced. Also, these are the only dice chips I’ve ever encountered (I started my hold’em “career” in bar games so I’ve seen millions) where the dice in the “mold” were not white. And the hippie, who knew the game well, was adorable and friendly.

Anyways, anyone know about this interesting turn of events in my universe of despising all dice chips?

Ken (not Ken of Ken pricing)
IMG_6532.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Custom dice chips?!
People do weird stuff.
I keep seeing a current listing on fb where some lady got custom dice chips @30c a chip with some guys face printed on them. She is trying to get hundreds for them.

Good luck to her on that sale.

I would wager large sums of money that they are not compressed clay chips. That dotted-line inner circle can only be produced with injection-molding equipment.

Curious as to the weight of these, too. Have you cut or broken one in half?

lol No face here. Just trying to figure out if there were clay chips in the dice mold and where they may have come from. I’m no expert but I think these are clay.

Last edited:
Well, let’s leave at this…

I’ve got a rack of the best feeling, sounding, and edge oiling taking dice chips ever produced.

Still throw your dice chips away.

These’ll be in the classifieds later today at Ken (the real Ken) pricing.

Thanks for playing.

image.jpg
image.jpg

It’s still a great heads up rack and truly unlike any of the one million dice chips I’ve ever handled. They’ll go with The Flyer as his heads rack. But not until I get some of my four years of his tuition back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom