Clay....? :) (1 Viewer)

maxim_666666

Flush
Reaction score
9-7g-Pure-Clay-Paulson-Poker-Chip-0104-0355-2-.jpg

The colors are nice, but that mold...it's not quite as bad as the Paulson Chips mold, but it's not much better, either.

I'm guessing plastic. Maybe a soft plastic but plastic none-the-less. The edge spot smears and lack of clay transfer to the lighter colors is kind of a give away. The outside edge of the chips edgespots (especially onto the lighter colors) usually smear when lathed down. The edges look so damn sharp so whether sanded or lathed clay would have smeared where as plastic has a higher melting temp.

Last edited:
Looking more closely, the texture looks pretty decent. Not smooth and not too much.

No slugs at 9.5 grams. I'd guess similar materials/process to the plastic injection-molded NexGen Pro line of chips.... and at the same price point.

The same company that was selling them in 2013, I see.

@maxim_666666 - I'm not sure whether they're china clays or plastic chips similar to Nexgen. The latter is more likely, IMO, because the price point is the same; china clays would probably cost a bit more. At 9.5g they're not slugged, so that's a point in their favor. One thing for sure -- they are not genuine clay compression molded chips like chips made by Paulson, CPC, or BCC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom