Looking for a clay/chinese clay chip that fits my budget of ~150! (1 Viewer)

It's impossible for the bank to be $20 in one direction or the other, unless someone brings a cloned chip into the game, or someone takes chips home.

The rack of fracs was purchased as chips in this example.
So you don't have any big value chips? just racks and racks of fracs for limit?

If you aren't the one handing out chips, how do you know how many chips are handed out?

If a player wants to buy a barrel of fracs (5c) ; do you make them pay you in a $1 bill?

Or do they buy big chips from you and buy fracs from the rack as they want from their $1/$5 chips?

Not responding to anyone else, unless it's obvious in your reply that you've actually read the comments regarding "Buying players in with a rack of fracs"

I've definitely gone over this for way too long, for people who are only passive-aggressively trying to poke holes in the scenario.

I am in college and trying to buy my first “real” set of poker chips. I have watched videos and got samples and decided I would like a clay/chinese clay chip set. I really like the milano’s but they are either out of stock for months on the sites with good prices or listed for much higher prices on other sites. Is there any chips similar to milano’s that are more available and cheaper? I also need $10 denominations available. I am hoping to spend ~150 for a 400/500 count, less than 150 would be amazing but I would maybe be able to go up to 200 if necessary.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/nevada-jacks-saloon-small-stakes-cash-set.120200/

Around your budget, no nickles though.

Man, you missed the deal of the year by one day. These aren't china clay, or have a $10, but they are better chips than Milano's. 1600ish chips for $140. Keep an eye on the classifieds. Deals like that don't come along often, but if you don't need a set right now, it could be worth the wait.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-hardwell-underground-cards-mold-sets.120163/
I tried to get my dice chip bros to snap this up, but no one listens to me lol - what kind of psycho would pay more than $40 for a poker chip set?

I am in college and trying to buy my first “real” set of poker chips. I have watched videos and got samples and decided I would like a clay/chinese clay chip set. I really like the milano’s but they are either out of stock for months on the sites with good prices or listed for much higher prices on other sites. Is there any chips similar to milano’s that are more available and cheaper? I also need $10 denominations available. I am hoping to spend ~150 for a 400/500 count, less than 150 would be amazing but I would maybe be able to go up to 200 if necessary.

Fellow new guy here. If you have time to kill - I'd suggest stalking the classifieds for a month or 2. As RedDirt noted, that set is perfect for your price range - and much better than Milano cookie. In addition to discounted chips, you'll also get a lay of the land.

The Nevada Jacks linked above are also quite nice.

PS - pretty sure there are some china clays currently listed if you're set on those.
*https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/1400-majestics-including-out-of-stock-denoms.120110/
If split you, these china clay would be in your budget.

Last edited:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3261473340...xjIEfSmTKy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...including-racks-and-cards-and-buttons.120298/

I mean I can't believe the price and you get .05 chips! Actually nice for college game imo

Everyone buys-in. They go and sit down. There is the first person who bought in, sitting at the table ready to disperse the fracs. Players buy the amount they want.

If "too many" is a problem, the left-overs go to my stack and I don't complain.

EDIT: I also agree with handing out barrels of chips. Can't hand out 9 barrels of fracs with only 1 rack of chips, though. And also, 9 barrels of fracs is way too many.

@sirtiltalot Please let me apologize for this dickweed hijacking your thread. You should pretty much ignore anything he says.

For these reasons.
  • He's new here (barely 2 weeks) and doesn't know any better.
  • He has a lot of very strange, non-standard ideas.
  • He takes great offense to anyone who challenges these weird ideas.
  • He mostly appears to just enjoy seeing his own disjointed thoughts written out here
  • He seems to enjoy arguing with others even more than posting dumb ideas.
  • If you want to be a valued, contributing member of this forum, pay close attention to everything he does, and use those things as your examples of what not to do.
And BTW, welcome to the forum, where most of the rest of us are friendly, helpful and chock full of well tested ideas that can help your games to run really well.

@nlhenerd @toothpic Either of you guys have any low priced starter sets available to help out a fellow Austinite?

@sirtiltalot Please let me apologize for this dickweed hijacking your thread. You should pretty much ignore anything he says.

For these reasons.
  • He's new here (barely 2 weeks) and doesn't know any better.
  • He has a lot of very strange, non-standard ideas.
  • He takes great offense to anyone who challenges these weird ideas.
  • He mostly appears to just enjoy seeing his own disjointed thoughts written out here
  • He seems to enjoy arguing with others even more than posting dumb ideas.
  • If you want to be a valued, contributing member of this forum, pay close attention to everything he does, and use those things as your examples of what not to do.
And BTW, welcome to the forum, where most of the rest of us are friendly, helpful and chock full of well tested ideas that can help your games to run really well.

@nlhenerd @toothpic Either of you guys have any low priced starter sets available to help out a fellow Austinite?
Wish I could help out but I don't have anything around that price range unfortunately.

If I sat down to play poker and some maniac tried giving me a rack of fracs and told me to dish them out to whoever needs them i would probably flip the table over in rage lol.

table flip GIF

or maybe just take them home :cool

If I sat down to play poker and some maniac tried giving me a rack of fracs and told me to dish them out to whoever needs them i would probably flip the table over in rage lol.

table flip GIF

Stop being passive aggressive and poking holes.

table flip GIF

I cannot disagree. One barrel per or a barrel to the first five

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom