Collecting chips from tourneys (1 Viewer)

mr2face

Reaction score
Anybody ever try to keep a chip from a tourney as a keepsake?
Curious as i was watching the main event, whether someone who busts out, could ask for a keepsake ..

Are they changed every year? If not maybe they could punch a hole in the chip to avoid misuse?

Thinking out loud

People pocket chips from these events but if you get caught, you’re likely banned for life. They would never like you keep one after busting out. What would stop you from bringing it into another game? The current chips are new as of last year since they moved from the Rio to Caesar's. They’ll use these chips for years and there are numerous versions of each denomination.

A friend of mine, absolutely not me, not me in any way at all, used to harvest small value live tournament chips.

They would just wear a long sleeved shirt like a hoodie and when they scooped in a pot would bump one into their sleeve.

The last 3 places they did this from switched branding/chips and ended up being part of TCR sales.

They don’t do that anymore.

But as mentioned above, some gaming companies have a zero tolerance and it may result in a lifetime ban if caught. I’d imagine especially for higher denomination chips they would take it a lot more seriously as they don’t want those to slip into bigger events.

WSOP has a few different sets they use I believe but year-to-year it’s often the same sets in rotation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom