CPC Die-Lines Template... (1 Viewer)

MrWookie69

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I just spent this morning working on a die-lines template for Custom CPC chips - I built this out in Affinity Designer 2, converted text to curves (outlines), and saved the file as a PDF. I have an editable affinity, PDF and JPEG versions of this file.

The die-lines include all chip 39mm inlay sizes and die-shapes. The template includes Bleed Area (Green line), Trim Area (Black), and Live Art Area (Pink).

The Inlay SCA artwork isn't 100% accurate, as the arc between the points aren't true arcs - but I'll suggest if you stay within the live area, you'll be fine.

I'm going to send this to CPC and ask them to verify for accuracy, and I'll make adjustments to the final file if needed. Hoping they can include the PDF version of this file to their website for download.

Hoping this can help people with their CPC custom designs.

Below is a JPEG version.

cpc basic templates_la.jpg

I think CPC prefers or requires .ai files?

Yes. I saw that page. Downloaded all of the files.

None of those opened properly in Affinity Designer, and only 5 basic PSD files opened in Affinity photo. Not all template designs worked.

This...would be different, as they would be saved as a PDF, which should open for “everyone”. Regardless of the app used to create the files.

I think CPC prefers or requires .ai files?

Convert text to outlines, export as PDF. ...You can open any PDF file in Adobe Illustrator.

I hate to say it after you've done all this work, but CPC does offer these templates in .ai and PDF. They aren't the easiest to find, certainly. They are posted here at the bottom of the page. http://www.pokerchipdesigntool.com/

What was lacking was PSD templates. A lot more people are familiar with that software than Illustrator.

I hate to say it after you've done all this work, but CPC does offer these templates in .ai and PDF. They aren't the easiest to find, certainly. They are posted here at the bottom of the page. http://www.pokerchipdesigntool.com/

What was lacking was PSD templates. A lot more people are familiar with that software than Illustrator.

Thanks. and Wow! CPC really needs to make those links more visible on their website. Those links need to be here...
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.04.33 PM.png

Not buried in a little word link here...

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.05.44 PM.png

*****You can import PDF templates into Photoshop. Not a big deal.*****

UPDATE: I just downloaded the PDF files. It's a placed 'non-editable' rasterized image saved as a PDF. So I'm happy to say my vector template should be useful to people who don't use Adobe Illustrator, but want editable vectors where they can grab the die-line to create their artwork.

So no....it wasn't a waste of time. It was well worth the effort.

> I will be using downloaded file provided on CPC to update and tighten up my vector files sometime next week.

overlayed the CPC rasterized PDF with my Affinity Designer vector files...

Just from eye balling it, I was either dead-nuts-on, or really damn close - and these templates will work fine building out artwork for final production. I'm still going to update the files as best I can for non-Adobe users. I want them to be as close to perfect as possible...

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.22.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.23.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.23.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.26.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.27.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.27.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.28.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.28.42 PM.png

Last edited:
While we are here, I can't Sign In, or Save templates ... anyone else struggle with that?

I just tried - I can sign in, load my sets, save my adjustments and save new or re-save current sets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom